Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Best String

Old 08-28-2002, 11:23 AM

Default Best String

Zebra or Winners Choice?
Why?
Old 08-28-2002, 12:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Best String

Winners Choice.

My bow came with it fitted and after roughly 5 thousand shots the string has not streched or frayed in fact the string still looks new.
Old 08-28-2002, 03:18 PM

Default RE: Best String

Both are good strings depending on what you are looking for. The Zebra will stretch some due to the nature of the materials used (8125) but once they have stretched in I have been really happy with them. I would say if you are looking for no stretch & don't mind giving up some speed the Zebra Tiger Twist would be a good choice.

I have heard nothing but good things about winners choice strings, the only complaint seems to be they can be a little loud. It would make sense that any ultra low stretch string would be this way but a set of silencers should help the problem. Like anything else some people swear by them & others hate them and think they are overpriced and overrated.

I have heard of a lot of people going to the Tiger Twist for their cable and a Zebra for the string. What they are doing is preventing the cable from moving & the only true stretch you get is from the zebra which is easy enough to twist down. Also the zebra seems to be a little queiter & is a little faster.

As always check with your local pro shop to see what they say is good for your bow and what they have found to work good. I would also "just to make sure" check the warranty on your bow to make sure you can use another companies string.

Good Luck in your search!