Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Quiet-Tune 6oz. Hunter Stabilizer >

Quiet-Tune 6oz. Hunter Stabilizer

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Old 08-17-2002, 11:32 AM

Default Quiet-Tune 6oz. Hunter Stabilizer

Construction: Weighted Steel Body, Rubber Bushings

Overview:
Recently my pro shop had received some Quiet Tune products for testing and to sell. I noticed that they started testing these ultra short stabilizers on a Mathews Q2 and could not believe how quite the bow was shooting over the other stabilizers being tested. Well as always curiosity killed the cat and I just had to purchase one of these. Well I took it home and put it on my Mathews Q2XL and at first wasn’t overwhelmed with it but then I started to adjust it via it’s Allen head steel bolt and could not believe the amount of shot vibration removed from my bow as I adjusted it. This thing is great at removing shock and the short 6oz. size does a great job on my bow at keeping it balanced straight up and down after the shot.

Rating system is like this 1 = poor, 10 = best.

Durability: 10 – To be honest with you I just don’t think you could hurt this thing. Of course the Realtree X-tra finish can be scratched off just like any other film dip but the build of the components and the solid design should last a lifetime.

Quality: 10 – This is a first class built product. I am very happy with it and look forward to trying some of their other products in the very near future.

Price: 9 - They are priced at $29.99 at my local pro shop. I think this is a fair price for a well-built product that works amazingly well. My only gripe is that you have to buy extensions if you need to balance your bow better, which run around an additional $15.00. Once again this is no big deal since the product does such a good job of removing shock.

Warranty: 10 – Lifetime Warranty.

Shock Absorption: 10 – If you take the time to adjust this to your bow you will find it amazing. If you do not it will work well but will not live up to it’s potential. I found this to do an outstanding job on my bow and I plan on adding a 4oz. model to the backside of my bow in the very near future. Once I started adjusting it, it really surprised me and worked so much better than the other two stabilizers I was testing.

Total Score: 9.8

Final Comment: This is a great stabilizer and works extremely well on the Mathews Q2 and Q2XL. I found the amount of shock removed to better than any other product I have tested. I look forward to adding an additional 4oz. Realtree X-tra model to my Q2XL on it’s mounting hole on the backside of the riser. I think I am also going to try out their sling adapter, which appears to be a well-designed product also. I think this would be a perfect stabilizer to try on most of the new generation solo cam bows such as the Mathews Q series, Legacy, Icon, and the Bowtech line such as the Patriot, or even the Parker UL 31. I was simply amazed that such a small product could yield such a difference.

http://www.quiet-tune.com
Old 08-21-2002, 07:55 AM

Default RE: Quiet-Tune 6oz. Hunter Stabilizer

I just wanted to share a folow up, after extensive testing I am sold on these stabilizers! If you are interested in them you can contact the company direct by e-mail & they will tell you what you need for your bow. Once again this is a great system and if you follow their recomendations you will be more than pleased with the results, I know I was!