Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Rancho Safari CatQuiver I >

Rancho Safari CatQuiver I

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rancho Safari CatQuiver I

Old 12-30-2002, 08:38 PM

Default Rancho Safari CatQuiver I

Recently picked up the standard model Catquiver from Rancho Safari. After trying numerous kinds of bow-mounted quivers and not being satisfied with any, I decided to try a back quiver. Well I believe I chose a good one. Removing an arrow is a snap, but putting them back takes a little getting used too. The arrows are held in place by pressure. There is a thin, dense foam pad which your tips rest in and the nock end is in thick open-cell foam. The ABS plastic hood protects your fletching and keeps them dry, while also hiding them from the eyes of wary game. The Catquiver I has a small pouch on it which will carry a rangefinder, release, knife, etc. Small but roomy enough for close to home or after work hunts. Arrow length adjustment is easy with the metal support rods and threaded plastic tighteners It's very comfortable to wear also, you hardly know it's there. Haven't worn it hunting yet, but I've been wearing it out to practice and have gotted used to getting the arrows back in. I would recommend it to anyone looking for an alternative to those bulky, noisy bow quivers.

PBB

Pick a hair.....or a caruncle!!
Old 12-31-2002, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rancho Safari CatQuiver I

Good choice I use a model three and love
it watch your plastic fletch in the summer
as they will lay over if they touch in the
heat I carry nine arrows with room to spare!
Old 01-01-2003, 09:57 AM

Default RE: Rancho Safari CatQuiver I

I to, don't like quivers on my bow as the just don't balance right and are heavy. I have the Cat quiver II and it is a good one. Don