Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

how long

Old 08-29-2014, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by troutbum
I'll be hunting the whole week of our BP season, What do most of you do , if you don't get one and head back to the farm. Do you unload the whole rifle or just take the cap off for overnight. Will temp's affect the powder. I'm using a inline, removable breach, with triple 7 powder. What's the best and safest way. Thanks.

I leave my guns loaded the entire season (on a clean barrel) unless I shoot. I've always worried (and been told to worry) about going in and out of cold/warm. But after what I experienced last year, it had zero effect on me at all.

I posted what I went through, last year. If that didn't create a problem, I'm not concerned at all going forward. Here it is, fwiw...

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/blac...ults-long.html