Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Omega Z5 trigger broke!! Help! >

Omega Z5 trigger broke!! Help!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Omega Z5 trigger broke!! Help!

Old 04-11-2014, 04:33 PM
Spike

Default Omega Z5 trigger broke!! Help!

Ok, so the other evening a coyote ran into the back field and I grabbed the Omega for the fun of it.... Stepped onto my deck, powder (pellets), 250gr shockwave, set.... dropped the trigger guard, put on the 209 primer, put the trigger housing back up like I have a thousand times .... Put scope on the yote... Finger on trigger.... Wait... There's no trigger? Looked around the floor and it was sitting at my feet!!?? I've had this gun for quite a long time now with no issue whatsoever so this ruined my day... And the dumb yote was gone by the time I ran in and grabbed a replacement!

Anyways, I called TC, immediately they said they'd send a new trigger and I asked if it was as easy as popping out the trigger pin, taking off old/broke trigger, put the new one on, reinsert pin and good to go... And I was told "yes, push the pin(s) from left to right (alignment like guns shouldered) it's EASY".... Ya... 3 hours later I'm pulling my hair out....

So it came in today, and maybe I was a little excited or something... I thought I looked at how all the springs and whatnot were attached before taking the old trigger off but apparently I missed something, I'm kicking myself for not taking pics!!! Because I've spent the last 3 hours playing with this and I cannot get it to work!!!

Is there anyway one of you could take a pic and show me where the springs are suposto go? Or even a detailed explanation? I can try to explain where I have them... The trigger spring is on the same pin as the trigger, tensioned on the "pivots" pin in front of it... And the hammer spring is on the back of the hammer where you cock it, with the hammer pin through the spring (I didn't remove this pin so this one should be where it's suposto) and the end is tensioned on the plastic spacer on the trigger pin.... Which is how I thought it all was, but I've got something wrong that's for sure!!
Old 04-11-2014, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

The way you describe where the springs get their tension is how it seems to be.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Worst part of that deal is you didn't get the yote!

Good luck getting your gun back together correctly...
Old 04-12-2014, 05:45 AM
Spike

Worst part of that deal is you didn't get the yote!
I know...by the time I grabbed another the little turd was gone.. I was doubly pissed.. Lol.

The way you describe where the springs get their tension is how it seems to be.
Thanks so much for the photos! I'm beyond confused now, that's how ivebeen putting mine in. All I can think of is on the trigger spring where in "D's" around the hammer (like the hammer spring does on the back of the hammer) it slips between the hammer spring coil and the hammer and gets pinched, so it won't slide cleanly when the hammers pulled back. Maybe I have it upside down? Does it go around to the hammer from the left or right (left being side you punch the pins from)

The hammer spring is exactly like the one in the photos, and being that one didn't get removed it's got to be something with the trigger spring. Or how I'm fitting the trigger against the hammer?
It's weird, the trigger has "slop" in it, like even with the hammer spring correct the hammer won't sit in the "rest" spot, it will flop forward to the firing pin unless I pull the trigger towards the front of the rifle and then it will "click" onto the hammer and it will sit where it's suposto... But the if I cock it it won't lock back... And the hammer seems very hard to pull back compared to how it used to as well..

This is really driving me nuts!
Old 04-12-2014, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

From your last description, it seems to me the trigger spring is not tensioned. It needs to be above the pin in front of the trigger pin. The trigger spring does not touch the hammer. It loops around the trigger, and when the front of the spring is above the pin forward, it is held forward under spring tension. The first photo shows the spring incorrectly positioned below the pin. Keep in mind the rifle is upside down.

Placing the trigger spring above the pin in front of it, puts it into tension, which holds the trigger forward, which keeps the hammer cocked.

Make sure the front of the trigger spring (the straight part) is tensioned by the pin, and the back end of the trigger spring wraps around the upper part of the trigger. This should cure your 'frustration'.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:44 PM
Spike

Ooooookkkk.... I had the straight end tensioned on the "pivot" spring in front of the trigger like you showed, but the other side I had the "U" part (like what the hammer spring does on the back of the hammer) on the bottom of the hammer so it was around that right near the coil of the hammer spring. So I need to put that "U" end around the trigger and not the bottom of the hammer.... Ok.... That makes sense if I'm understanding correct. I'm not home at the moment but I'll try that as soon as I step in the door! Thanks a ton! Is there anywhere specific it goes around the trigger? Like a groove or does it slide?
Old 04-12-2014, 01:47 PM
Spike

Awesome.... Fixed! Thanks so much! That was my problem, I'd put the u end over the bottom of the hammer opposed to the top of the trigger... Yup... I'm an idiot! I tried over the top of the trigger first but when I went to put the straight end under the front pin I thought it was too much tension and moved it to the hammer... Thinking it felt "better"... I feel like a moron, lol... But again, thanks so much!

Come on back coyote.... I've got something for you...
(Lol, though after all this I might just grab a different rifle next time... He isn't getting away again.. Lol, coyote... Meet SLR-105...)
Old 04-13-2014, 05:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ya` gotta love this forum. Well done Ron.

You're not an idiot AlphaOmega. Those kind of things can drive you crazy. Some things don't like they should go where the do go. Last week I replaced the gas coils on my clothes dryer. No problem replacing the coils, but it took me over an hour to figure out how the get the dang spring on the belt tension pully back in the right place. I just couldn't believe that's the way it should go.