Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Vision

Old 09-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Spike

Default Knight Vision

Wow, i haven't been on here in quite some time due mostly to my job, and family obligation's but i'm not complaining though.......Now for my question to all the knowledge on this board.....I purchased a new Vision from Knight 1st part of this year an so far i haven't put ANY round's down range yet(i know, i know,...kinda like buying a new car and not driving it), would the bh 209 be ok to shoot out of it, or should i just stay with he pyrodex rs/select, was curious if the breechplug would be ok if using the bh209?...Also any bullet ideas, anything really new with good reports on them?...thxs to everyone who replies! Gonna get some range time this weekend an burn some powder through it,....an i did top it with a leupold 3-9x40 vx1.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by frontstuffer01
Wow, i haven't been on here in quite some time due mostly to my job, and family obligation's but i'm not complaining though.......Now for my question to all the knowledge on this board.....I purchased a new Vision from Knight 1st part of this year an so far i haven't put ANY round's down range yet(i know, i know,...kinda like buying a new car and not driving it), would the bh 209 be ok to shoot out of it, or should i just stay with he pyrodex rs/select, was curious if the breechplug would be ok if using the bh209?...Also any bullet ideas, anything really new with good reports on them?...thxs to everyone who replies! Gonna get some range time this weekend an burn some powder through it,....an i did top it with a leupold 3-9x40 vx1.
if yours has the breech plug that takes a primer with out the plastic jacket it will shoot BH209 fine.
you might have hang fire & misfire trouble if you have the breech plug that requires the plastic jacket.
I shoot 90 gr. BH209
300 gr. Speer deep curl
black MMP sabot
loads a little hard but shoots pretty good groups
Old 09-12-2012, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't used BH 209 in my Vision, but I have seen multiple reports on various forums of people using BH in their Visions with no problems. Looking at the design of the breechplug, I would think BH will work just fine.

My Vision also loads kind of hard at the muzzle, but once you get the bullet about 6" down the barrel it slides the rest of the way no problem. So you might want to have some loose-fitting sabots on hand. I found that Harvestor crush ribs loaded pretty easy, but didn't necessarily shoot that well, at least with the 250 grain Deep Curls.

I've mostly shot .40 caliber projectiles out of the Vision - the 200 grain XTP's, 200 grain SST's and 185 grain Lehigh's. My best load was 110 grains of T7 with the 200 grain XTP - all shots touching at 50 yards, the 185 Lehigh was almost as good. I ran out of 2f for shooting at 100 yards and had to use 3f, and didn't get quite as good groups.

My experience and those of others seem to point to the Vision being a powder hog- liking a heavier powder charge. So I would start out at 100 grains and work up from there. Have fun & let us know how it goes!
Old 09-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Spike

Thank's for the reply guy's,...i'm gonna try the bh209 this weekend an may even try some pyrodex rs, i bought an extra breechplug when i ordered this rifle.i don't think many people shoot the vision much, it does have a lop, but fit's me great......gonna take a few different bullet's with me an see what she like's, heck i've got all weekend just to do some shooting.this is my 1st time out this yr doing any shooting an i can't wait....lol
Old 09-13-2012, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I use nothing but BH209 in my Vision and I love it. I was at the range once last year and shot 24 times and finally ran a patch down the barrel. I didn't have any problems running my bullets down the barrel and when I pulled the BP, was surprised at how easy it was to wipe the face of the BP off. The face only had some soot and no burnt matter. BH209 is awesome and I now use it on all my inlines with a closed breech plug. Have at it pal, it works well.