Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 old encore to new prohunter? >

old encore to new prohunter?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

old encore to new prohunter?

Old 12-27-2008, 11:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default old encore to new prohunter?

Alright My Dad has an older T/C Encore. He likes the way the new barrels have the speed breech plug, the fluted barrel, and all that stuff. He was wondering if the new prohunter muzzleloader barrels will work with the original T/C Encores? Also His gun has a blued barrel, and blued reciever.. I guess Youd call it that. The part where the hammer, and trigger atach. He was wondering if You can get a nickel, or stainless steel reciever piece? The nickel prohunter barrel is only $253 at our local muzzleloader place, but He doesn't know if You can get the other piece. If You can He was going to get them to match. Do They make the prohunter barrel blued also?Any answers about this would be great. Thanks
Old 12-28-2008, 06:55 AM

Default RE: old encore to new prohunter?

Yes the barrels can be swapped from one to another (Encore and Pro Hunter). If you want to change out the receiver you might as well just buy a brand new gun. Also if you are interested in a barrel swap I would consider a Bergara Barrel.

http://www.bergarabarrels.com/products.html

Old 12-28-2008, 10:51 AM
Typical Buck

MOEncore is correct. The "frame" (which is what TC calls it) can be purchases seperately but it is the most expensive part of the gun. Might as well just by a PH.

The barrels come blued also. The new Endeaver's breech plug can be removed by hand. You could get that barrel too and it will attach right on to your Encore.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

Alright so which barrel would be the best for My Dad? He wants it to match the frame which is blued. He'd like it to have the easy extractor thingy where it lets You take out the breech plug without disassembling the whole gun. He'd like to have the speed breech, and the fluted barrel. Can You get all of those options on a blued barrel? Which barrel should He look into. I'm just getting some info so any help would be great from You guys. Thanks alot.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Fork Horn

Oh, and those bergara barrels. Do They have the speed breech? Thats a pretty good price.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:51 PM
Typical Buck

You can get a blued & fluted barrel from Bergara for the encore. I don't think they make them with the speed breech quite like TC. They also do not come with the tip over primer extractor either (which on my Pro Hunter rarely works).

I do not believe TC makes a fluted & blued barrel for the encore. I would call Fox Ridge Outfitters (1-800-243-4570) and check with them. Maybe the Custom Shop at TC would make it.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:45 PM
sup
Spike

I ordered a endeavor barrel from my local gun shop for my encore I love,it, a little cheaper than this site.http://www.eabco.com/cgi-bin/shopper...p;key=207-4751 Plus they have a rebate still going till 1-15-09 http://www.tcarms.com/offers/
Old 12-28-2008, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

Does anyone know how much it would cost to buy the stainless steel, or nickel frame? The prohunter barrel is $253 at our local muzzleloader place. Does that sound about like the going rate? Its the nickel, or stainless though. Which is the prohunter barrel nickel, or stainless? If I get the nickel barrel I'd like the frame to match it. For the whole prohunter gun its $892 at the same shop. I was hoping I could get the frame, and barrel for way cheaper than that. Any thoughts?
Old 12-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Typical Buck

Since the Endeaver came out the price of the Pro Hunter model has come down. $892 seems high to me. You should be able to do better than that. However, if you purchase a Pro Hunter or the frame for one you need to have someone with an FFL license to have it shipped to.

The price on the TC made made stainless barrel seems about right. The stainless frame probably goes for around $300.