Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

encore prohunter

Old 11-12-2006, 05:23 PM

Default encore prohunter

i got an encore prohunter hardwoods with a stainless barrel and a hardwoods omega scope. cant wit to shoot it.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: encore prohunter

I'll bet you can't! Whats going to be your powder & bullet choices?

Please don't tell us you're from Colorado too!.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:53 PM

Man after looking up the price... I almost threw up lol. No f-in way i'd pay $800 for a muzzleloader with a silly stock. Whew! i just got the dry heaves under control. Enjoy the rifle and keep us up to date on if that stock really works.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

A cheaper way to get into a ProHunter is to buy a PH barrel for an "original" Encore. Same performance without the expensive frills. As for loads, I am using 130 gr Pyrodex and a 250 gr Hornady SST and am getting 1" groups at 100 yards.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some folks don't want CVAs/Winchesters.

God made us all different! Some puke on Pro Hunters & Omegas- some puke on Optimas & X-150s.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:25 PM

triple. dont turn this into another pissing match . All im sayin is. for $800 i could have got a nice sharps or a couple centerfires. TC's greed will catch up with them sooner or later. A lot of money for just a new design of a stock. Im mostly interested in if the stock will work. Thats it. So lets try to tear up another guys thread. You can put both of the encores next to eachother and i'll bet there wont be any difference in shot patterns, wheather that new stock design actually works or is just an over priced stock is where the real test will be. So i'm looking forward to the shooting test!
Old 11-12-2006, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

triple. dont turn this into another pissing match . All im sayin is. for $800 i could have got a nice sharps or a couple centerfires. TC's greed will catch up with them sooner or later. A lot of money for just a new design of a stock. Im mostly interested in if the stock will work. Thats it. So lets try to tear up another guys thread. You can put both of the encores next to eachother and i'll bet there wont be any difference in shot patterns, wheather that new stock design actually works or is just an over priced stock is where the real test will be. So i'm looking forward to the shooting test!
Personally I can't justify $800-1000 for a muzzleloader either... but I'm not going to knock someone elses choice to do so.

frontier gander you don't have a clue what you're talking about. There are several other differences between the Encore and the new ProHunter..

Encore (synthetic composite stock w/ SS barrel $650-)
26" barrel

Pro Hunter (Black flextech stock w/ SS barrel $800)
28" fluted barrel
90 deg speed breech (turn it 90 deg and it pull straight out... don't have to unscrew it like all others)
pivoting hammer... either side... no need for cheesy hammer extension to clear scope
T-handle ram rod (pivots to form T-handle to make loading easier)
Flex-tech stock
Simms recoil pad
Old 11-12-2006, 06:57 PM

"frontier gander you don't have a clue what you're talking about. There are several other differences between the Encore and the new ProHunter "

If you would be read carefully i simply said that if you put the 2 guns next to eachother, i bet there wouldnt be any difference in SHOT patterns. I didnt say the pro hunter was the same rifle. And im not knocking the guy for buying it. Im like you, i couldnt see spending $800-1000 on a front stuffer. But i would however spend that and plus thousands more on an original to hang on the wall and let its value grow. But i wasnt knocking on the guy at all and i hope he can see that im not.

Old 11-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well its different strokes for different folks. Some of us are older[as I am 70 but don't yet consider that old]
but the joints are not what they used to be and I feel the recoil more. Now I had the opertunity to shoot that new pro-hunter and while it shoots the same as my Omega which shoots better than I can the recoil only hurt half as much. I have not made up my mind yst as I have my eye on an Omega at a Wal-mart that stainless and laminated stock if they mark it down far enough I will just have to buy it.Since I only allow myself a couple of guns a year that would be this years muzzleloader;but you know as well as I do you cant take it with you any way. Lee
Old 11-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Dominant Buck

Good luck with your Pro Hunter. Enjoy it!! The Pro Hunter is a beautiful rifle and so far the reviews on the rifle have been most promising. While some can not justify the price of one, others really do not find it all that difficult to handle. I will bet that the rifle shoots wonderful. I can not wait for the reviews on it. One person I was reading shoots 3 50 gr pellets and a 250 grain Shockwave. Some of the shots and distances they are shooting are really amazing for muzzleloader.

Shoot the devil out of it, and let us know how you like it...

Quick Reply: encore prohunter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.