Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Now that I have the MH Disc Extreme >

Now that I have the MH Disc Extreme

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Now that I have the MH Disc Extreme

Old 03-09-2008, 04:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Now that I have the MH Disc Extreme

well it sounds like they somehow missed the second breech plug and adaptor in my box. Other then that I have the rest of it. Those bullets that came with it shot pretty good today. I wonder what they are?
Old 03-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think old elk hunter bought his rifle from a different store at a different price. This may explain why he has the non full plastic jacket adaptor and breech plug in his package and you don't Dave. I got exactly the same accessories you got.
Art
Old 03-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

I bought mine back in dec. from gregersons in baldwin wisc. and got the second breech plug.but also pd 299 for mine. Kerry
Old 03-09-2008, 04:59 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: flounder33

I think old elk hunter bought his rifle from a different store at a different price. This may explain why he has the non full plastic jacket adaptor and breech plug in his package and you don't Dave. I got exactly the same accessories you got.
Art
Ok, well that might explain it. I think next time out I will test some Buffalo Bullets and some Nosler. These red plastic primer holders have been reloaded three times now and show no sign of wear. It will be interesting to see how many shots I get off one. I did buy a new box of the primer jackets too...
Old 03-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Tenmilephenom

Is yours the fluted MHC barrel? if so what serial number... I am somewhat concerned because mine is a 4 diget number #14?? - seems this late in the game they would be far beyond that...

Just a thought
Old 03-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I bought mine back in dec. from gregersons in baldwin wisc. and got the second breech plug.but also pd 299 for mine. Kerry

Ditto except I purchased mine in February..I have never ever been more satisfied with a 299 dollar rifle purchase
Old 03-09-2008, 05:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Is yours the fluted MHC barrel? if so what serial number... I am somewhat concerned because mine is a 4 diget number #14?? - seems this late in the game they would be far beyond that
Fluted cryoe'd barrel as per Gregerson MHC 1062
Old 03-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

oldelkhunter

OK??? do not know what to make of this whole thing - I just need to go shoot.... I wish the snow would go away...
Old 03-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Fork Horn

I bought mine in dec my # is 07xx. Kerry
Old 03-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

I received;

one breech plug
one loading jag
20 red primer adaptors
six bullet/sabot combinations
DVD
instruction manual
allen wrench
breech plug wrench
four scope screw fillers

I received :

2 Breech plugs one for the FPJ and another for the adapter(has a long stem)
An adapter for the bolt
Allen Wrench
Breech plug wrench
1/2 Doz bullets/sabots
Ramrod extension
One loading jag
DVD
Instruction Manual
5 scope screw fillers
Oh, that long stem breech plug is the new Power Plug or something like that that doesn't leave a crud ring and allows mag loads to be burned quicker more efficiently. Toby Bridges said this about the Knight Power Stem here: http://www.hpmuzzleloading.com/Technical3.html

Now, here's a bit of good news for you Knight .50 caliber DISC Extreme owners. Purchase and install one of the "Power Stem" breech plugs that Knight developed for getting full consumption of 150-grain charges of loose-grain Triple Seven in their .52 DISC Extreme rifle...and you can pretty much eliminate the Triple Seven crusty ring altogether with any of the No. 209 primers. In a .50 caliber bore, the tip of the 1 1/2" long stem sits at about the 70 grain level of a 100- or 110-grain charge of FFFg Triple Seven. And by igniting the powder charge that far forward must do something to the burning characteristics of the powder. And while I did wipe the bore between shots, I could not feel any indication of the ring when shooting with the stemmed

So you have a regular breech plug and a power stem.
Chap

Quick Reply: Now that I have the MH Disc Extreme

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.