Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Antelope in Wyoming for 2017 >

Antelope in Wyoming for 2017

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Antelope in Wyoming for 2017

Old 08-29-2016, 07:10 PM
Spike

Default Antelope in Wyoming for 2017

Was looking for some help. I started thinking about hunting antelope in Wyoming a couple years ago and started buying points. So right now I am sitting on 2. I would love to go next year but the issue I ran into was when starting to research this, I read a lot of old information. Looks like 2 points doesn’t get you very far anymore. I am willing to do the special draw and I am not concerned with trophy potential because this will be my first antelope hunt. What I am really looking for is a unit that has access to public land. I have looked at the maps and odds from this year and just looking for any added input. I am also considering now starting to look into trespass fees. I really have my heart set on going next year. Anyone with any information would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-02-2016, 04:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ranger9090, welcome to the forum. I drew a buck Antelope for this year on 2 points in area 103, I saw a couple nice ones on public land last year while hunting Mule Deer there. Since your not worried about a trophy maybe get a cheap doe/fawn tag? I've got nice doe's in area 88 & 42 on public land. Public land was plentiful in 88. As far as trespass fees it was hit and miss for me, one rancher wanted $5grand just to shoot a doe Antelope! Another rancher i met at the gas station said i could shoot all i wanted in his zone 34 for free, but i didn't have a tag for that area. Most of the ranchers i talked to wanted a fee that i wasn't willing to pay so i opted for public hunting. Like you mentioned the maps are a huge help for finding access to hunting land, good luck.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:07 AM
Spike

Ranger, do you bow or rifle hunt?
Old 09-08-2016, 12:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

With 2 points and private land, you can do well.

with 2 points and special tag on public land you can do well too.

You say not looking for a trophy, but with 2-3 pts and special tag you can really get into some good antelope,

learn to judge as best you can prior to your hunt, and unless the first 1 you see is a big boy, I'd certainly hold out for something nice, say 70, 75 plus inches, you may even get an 80+