Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

First aid

Old 08-12-2015, 12:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default First aid

There is no specific place to post this so I am putting it here because we use sharp knives in the field for big game. I don't know how many carry a first aid kit of some kind but if you do or don't you should include the following. It is supposed to stop catastrophic bleeding fast and that is important when we are far from immediate help. The link I posted is just one of the places you can buy it, I knew they sold it so that is why I used this vendor's link. Many loggers carry this or a similar product when on the job. There are other products that do the same thing so I don't know if brand matters but we should be repared to help our selves or others if someone get a bad bleed.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/produ...clot?a=1344471
Old 08-12-2015, 12:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

One of the best in the business for "First Aid" field gear.

https://darkangelmedical.com/
Old 08-24-2015, 10:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good post. I just bought a couple -- one for me and one for my hunting partner. I am on blood thinner, and I do feel a little nervous cutting up an elk 4 miles away from my truck. It also reminds me that it is probably time to try to collect other stuff together to make a kit for all those sorts of unanticipated pains and minor damages that seem to go along with elk hunting.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:46 AM
Typical Buck

i carry a quick clot in my bag as well, thats always been one of my fears whether its getting cut with a knife or possibly getting stabbed by a broadhead. Ive been cut badly before where the bleeding wouldnt stop without some stitching and its a scary feeling