Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Bucket list Bear hunt

Old 09-14-2014, 02:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats bikerman!!! I am glad you had some success up here and hoped you anjoyed your stay.. I know all about those big thick swampy places up here.. Our bucks will be heading into them soon enough.. The minute deer hunting starts they appear to know where to go and hide out on us.. Anyways it was a nice read and I am glad you was able to score one..
Old 09-14-2014, 03:45 PM
Fork Horn

Thank you! Saw a ton of moose. 2 40 inch + bulls yesterday morning. They are already following cows
Old 09-14-2014, 04:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

I do not believe that they are that close to breeding yet.. But, they should be getting close for the bulls to start setting up some territory anytime now though.. I wanted to head out this morning early to check on things and maybe get a few pics while I was out but never got the time to..
Old 09-16-2014, 06:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

A guy I know up here has 3 huge black bears coming into his baits.. They will only come in at night though. He has had a snare set out now for a week and all three of them side step it.. He is in the more southern part of the state and he and his girl friend has been trying hard to get one.. Nothing has worked out for them though. He even tried the bear droppings and then biggest one he calls fatty wrecked his bait site and piled all the logs on the bear droppings he put in there. Here is a picture of fatty just as he walked by his snare..

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/memb...8400-fatty.jpg

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 09-16-2014 at 06:31 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:29 AM
Fork Horn

wish there was a barrel there. could be a monster
Old 09-16-2014, 08:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by bikerman9967
wish there was a barrel there. could be a monster
He is a monster.. Most likely close to or better than 600 lbs.. He has several pics of him.. Also 2 other nice bruins coming in and around.. Fatty destroyed his site the last time when he put a different bear dropping in there.. But, he always keeps side stepping his snare.. Like the saying goes they do not get big for being stupid.. He is a tough one for him to get.. He keeps trying the bear keeps on a coming back to this sit steadily..
Old 09-16-2014, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

always hard when you find a smart one. they need their calories though and its only a matter of time before he steps on that cable
Old 09-16-2014, 08:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

That is what he is hoping he will do.. So far he has moved logs and everything else while trying to avoid it..

Here is another picture of fatty..This bear is huge !!

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/memb...8401-fatty.jpg

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 09-18-2014 at 08:03 AM.