Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Wolf Poll by PBS Need attention. >

Wolf Poll by PBS Need attention.

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wolf Poll by PBS Need attention.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:53 AM
Spike

Default Wolf Poll by PBS Need attention.

Here's a poll by PBS, asking if the wolf needs more protection in the Rocky Mountain Region. When it started all the wolf protectionist posted and we were loosing big time. Molloy will rule on the lawsuits in a couple of months. I don't know if he would even know the outcome on such a poll but I for one would like to send a message to those that think the wolf should be protected forever.

http://www.pbs.org/now/shows/609/index.html

Old 03-03-2010, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

I voted no. The wolves have ruined Rocky mtn. Elk hunting.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:22 AM
Fork Horn

yep the wolves are to blame!!!! let's kill them all ...I mean after all the wolves have been here thousands of years along with the indians ...whitemans been here a few hundred!!!!
Old 03-04-2010, 07:37 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by finnbear
yep the wolves are to blame!!!! let's kill them all ...I mean after all the wolves have been here thousands of years along with the indians ...whitemans been here a few hundred!!!!
I always laugh when I hear this argument. We have more wolves here now then historical records indicated were here when Lewis and Clark came through the area. The wolves were here first means nothing. We are here now, and the environment is vastly different, it is comparing apples to oranges. Wolves did not have artificial food sorces like sheep, cattle, llamas etc. Elk had room to escape and rarely lived in the mountains but on the plains. The ecosystem is entirely different. I never see any of these folks yapping about indians and wolves being here first packing up their belongings and moving back to Europe. Yet they seem perfectly content to preach to those of us forced to live among these killing machines.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley70
I never see any of these folks yapping about indians and wolves being here first packing up their belongings and moving back to Europe. Yet they seem perfectly content to preach to those of us forced to live among these killing machines.
Excellent points all around but I really liked this statement in particular.

I'm ready for them to reintroduce wolves into the hollywood hills or along the eastern seaboard. I have no doubt that the wolves would manage to get along pretty well in those habitats, it just might end up being hard on some domestic animals and maybe even some people.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

maybe I'm wrong, but when predators know we don't/can't hunt them they don't fear us, and then grizzlies, wolves, mtn lions see us as prey. Even if the season was very limited, at least teaching these animals we mean business would be nice and hopefully avoid us being on their meal list. Certainly don't want to see wolves become extinct, keeping them in check makes sense.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by npaden
Excellent points all around but I really liked this statement in particular.

I'm ready for them to reintroduce wolves into the hollywood hills or along the eastern seaboard. I have no doubt that the wolves would manage to get along pretty well in those habitats, it just might end up being hard on some domestic animals and maybe even some people.
There's tons of coyotes in LA...recently saw a report on all the pets, dogs, cats being eaten. It's funny these tree huggers are all for not harming wolves, etc...but the moment their puppy get's eaten they're ok with killing coyotes etc...
Old 03-06-2010, 02:25 PM
Typical Buck

i have answered this before ..were i moose and deer hunt i shoot shovel and shut up .. ....BUT where i caribou hunt i will let the wolves walk ...there are way too many caribous and not enough hunters...nature balances itself ....
Old 03-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default really?? REALLY???

Originally Posted by Muley70
I always laugh when I hear this argument. We have more wolves here now then historical records indicated were here when Lewis and Clark came through the area. The wolves were here first means nothing. We are here now, and the environment is vastly different, it is comparing apples to oranges. Wolves did not have artificial food sources like sheep, cattle, llamas etc. Elk had room to escape and rarely lived in the mountains but on the plains. The ecosystem is entirely different. I never see any of these folks yapping about Indians and wolves being here first packing up their belongings and moving back to Europe. Yet they seem perfectly content to preach to those of us forced to live among these killing machines.
I think you might want to check your figures or maybe just where you get your info from...in 1884 there were at least 5450 wolves in MT. as that was the number of pelts turned in for bounty when the slaughter began!! and what there are maybe 2000 in MT. today....and by the way I don't need to pack up and go back to Europe to be were I belong...... I bet you're on of those people that think the Indians and bears are responsible for all the salmon declining in all the rivers also, never mind all the dams, including the Grand Coulée that basically killed the Columbia above it!!!!
MAN is responsible for the overall decline of wildlife in this country... nothing else , some hunters killed many more animals than necessary or needed just to get a few more heads on the wall!!! unethical hunters/ poachers continue to kill animals just for the head!!!