HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best Rifle Barrels and why
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2005, 09:05 AM
oldelkhunter
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Best Rifle Barrels and why

Also, I have talked to alot of gunsmiths all over the east coast and a few said they would rebarrel anything but a douglas. One is my gunsmith in Westminster, MD, the other, you know oldelk. So I went with krieger. I liked the single cut idea. But my gunsmith made a 300RUM at the same time while building mine with a Dan Lilja. It fouls alot less than mine. And under a borescope, it looks like a mirror. I know also fouling has alot to do with the chamber job. So who knows. Overall I am happy with Krieger
There you go again stirring the pot . I have zip problems with Douglas barrels and I have heard equally nightmarish claims about almost every single barrel maker. In my experience I have had more gunsmiths that use them and like them then those that don't use them, Ie NULA. They are almost if not the same price as everyone else and once in a while one bad one slips out. Heck didn't you hear the story that no ones barrel is good enough for Kenny Jarrett and when he had a bad one he sawed the rifle in half. Now he makes his own barrels BTW I have little regard for most East Coast Gunsmiths.