HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lead Shot Ducks Example
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 05:39 AM
SecondChance
Nontypical Buck

I, as well as many here, remember the great gone lead days. When we could fire either our own reloads with lead 4's or 5's and crush greenheads like hammers hit them, not to watch them sail off to not be found again. When we saw feathers fill the air, there was a splash and the dog was out and back with a bird, not to see feathers in the air as is the bird flying off to parts and places that only the dog can see. I miss those days, and now have to contend with what to do. I shoot non-toxic to only the tune of Hevi-Metal in factory and ITX shot in my reloads. They are the closest that I have found to the good ol lead. I load ITX shot almost exclusively in my 20ga for ducks and geese. Love the stuff. I have clients laugh at me when I uncase my O/U and load the banannas into it lean it in the corner. I just tell them to not laugh too hard when I play clean up on their birds with it. If they get to see it, they just stand there with their mouths open. Time and pattern board work makes it work. Spend the time to match your choke to your loads and you will be OK.