HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A quick bow setup how-to...
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 12:43 PM
OrangeFan44
Spike

I bought a BowTech SWAT not long ago, and decent accessories to go along with it. Unfortunately, I've been having trouble getting comfortable with taking a shot. I got two deer from less than 20 yards (on the ground) but then missed slightly high on a third - my guess is a liver shot. I couldn't find it. The guilt of wounding a deer has now crippled me. In my head I had blamed the deer for ducking (it did, BTW) but that wasn't the real problem. My arrow just didn't go where I aimed. It wasn't until I started doing a little research that I discovered how horribly inept I am at setting up the bow in the first place. I kno a tenth of what I thought I knew. My target practice should have tipped me off. My groupings with my old bow were tight, but my groupings with my BowTech were practically random. Others blamed the arrows. I know better now. It will be a while before I can justify the expense of the bow vice and the laser gauge, not to mention a bow press but, at the same time, how can I justify not having a bow that is set up perfectly.

Thanks Greg. I sincerely appreciate your guidance.