HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - why do you bow hunt?
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2002, 08:52 AM
Jerry/Pa

Default RE: why do you bow hunt?

I started rifle hunting in the late 60's w/a short attempt at bow hunting in my mid twenty's with a bear recurve. I would deer hunt for two weeks a year for the next twenty years. At age 40, my priorities changed and I wanted to extent my time in the woods. I picked up a Martin compound from a k-mart on a whim. That's all it took. I realized that bow season what I had been missing all those years. Well that was 12 years ago. I learned more about hunting and the game I hunted in 10 years of bow hunting then in the 20 years of rifle hunting. I don't know why but at 40 I became instantly addicted to archery/bow hunting. I now shoot 12 months year. Do all my own work with a mini archery shop in my basement. I still have a half dozen or so rifles and guns that I shoot occasionally at a local gun club but most of the time; I’m carrying a bow. Smokepole pretty much summed it up with his list. I never had a parent or relative who hunted so I’m not sure where I got this passion for hunting but I’m giving my kids the opportunity to follow me in this sport. I can tell ya it has been one of the best things we share as father & sons. To be with your kids in the woods at dawn and share the gift of nature in priceless. Compulsive obsessive would probably be how I would describe my bow hunting/archery today. JERRY