Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

God or not

Old 06-20-2005, 08:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: God or not

i believe i can fly.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:50 AM

I personally believe there is a God. I also believe and trust in Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior. I do not try to force my beliefs on anyone in anyway, but I believe what I believe no matter what someone may say. Like I saidI do not force my beliefs on anyone BUT, if someone wants to hear what and why I believe I will tell them and I will be honest. Personally, I believe thatas a follower of Christ, I am to help spread His gospel. He says in His word to "feed my sheep". Now, I also know that not everybody believes this way and everybody doesnt want to hear about it, and if they dontI think thats absoulutely fine and they shouldn't have it "forced" on them. I think sometimes christians think that when they speak to a person about Christ that they "have" to be saved or they have failed in their purpose. But that is not true. "We" as christians DO NOT do the saving part, that is the work of the Holy Spirit. We are onlyinstruments in Gods work. I'll try to hurry up and make my point, I know alot of you dont want to hear this "Jesus this and Jesus that stuff". Really bad things happen to "good" people in this world, I know that, but why it happens I dont know. I have never claimed to have an answer for this. But the way I believe is that none of us on this earth deserve anything good, we were all "born into sin" when we were born (again, this is what I believe, I know alot of you wont agree with this but thats ok). I'm not saying that people who have bad things happen to them get what they deserve, I'm not saying that at all. All I know is this, I personally deserve nothing but to be thrown in the lowest pits of hell because of my sinful nature, and it is ONLY through the saving blood of Jesus Christ that I can live today. I've been an ER nurse for about 7-8 years. I've worked in several different ER's over the south. From level 1 trama centers, to level 4 bandaid stations. I've seen childeren die, I've heard the screams of family members that have lost loved ones, and I've felt the pain of people who had to hear the word "cancer" pertaining to themselves for the first time. No, this world is not fair and as humans when things like this happen we want to find someone or something to blame. Usually the first is God, because its always said "Why would God, who is supposed to love us let things like this happen. I guess He's not so great after all."I know this because I used to be one of those people. Again I cant explain why things happen like they do. All I can focus on is that there is more to life than what we see, hear and feel on this earth. I believe there is God and sometimes I dont understand why things happen like they do, but I believe one day I will. Sorry to be so longwinded, I know alot of you wont read this because its so long, but let me make one point very clear..... I did not put this on hear to try to "convert" people, I put it on here because its what I believe and feel. Everyone on this board is going to believe what they want and I do not believe in punishing someone for havingdifferent beliefsthan mine, so this was not intented to change peoples minds but if it does, good. I've had several really bad things happen to me in my life, much like the rest of you but it isONLY in the arms of Christ thatI can find peace. I pray all of you have a good day.
I know this probably should have been in the religion forum, but anyway....
Old 06-20-2005, 11:38 AM

savedbygrace, you said it very well for the Christians on this forum, including me. I'm sorry if I tried to "force" my religion on anyone. But the truth of the matter is that all men will be forced to give an account for the deeds they have commited. I was a sinner on my way to eternal judgement before I accepted the free gift that God had to offer to me and to all who will receive it. May the Lord bless you and keep you.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:48 AM

Matthew V. I completely agree with what you say about everyone one day will have to give an account of their deeds. I guessI say what I say because I have known people that refused to believe in God because they say it was "forced" or "preached" to them.