Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Got my first car!! >

Got my first car!!

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Got my first car!!

Old 03-27-2005, 05:33 PM

Default Got my first car!!

My parents and I went looking at cars on Saturday and they ended up buying one for me. 1999 Jeep grand Cherokee Laredo with 47k miles. Extremely nice ride. Needs a Cd player, iPod adapter, a power sub in the back, and a trailer hitch, but other than that, it's perfect. I pick it up tommorrow sometime, so I'm pumped. I was just hoping for something decent that i could pull a boat with and was able to get in and out of the areas i hunt,but this thing is that and alot more. Just thought i'd share it with yall

slayer
Old 03-27-2005, 05:50 PM

Default RE: Got my first car!!

Nice....im in the process now...for the same purpose as you...towin a boat gettin into and out of hunting areas...lookin for a pickup i think but im not totally sure yet
Old 03-27-2005, 06:59 PM

Congrats. That is a nice truck. Let me give you a little advice. Apreicate what you have been given. Both the truck and you licencee. I lost mine for 6 months and it kills me everyday when I have to hitch a ride and walk to the yote bait site.[:@] Just keep on the straight and narrow. In the long run it will be a heck of alot more fun.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:17 PM
Typical Buck

i am going for my license soon, first, i am going for Drivers Ed., but i am still learning how to drive the truck. my dad wants me to get a truck or something so i can use it to haul my boat, and go hunting.

Chic
Old 03-28-2005, 05:54 PM

My friends that live in the mountains of PA were disappointed in the performance of the jeep cher. in the snow, but these three individuals are very hardcore rednecks that get into all kinds of **** they mainly said it didn't have enough weght in the back but if you carry tools like me that won't be a problem.

I want to get a dodge/ freightliner sprinter cargo van 30mpg and a mercedes 5cy. turbo diesel and shift-o-matic. very tits. But what I could afford is a 3/4 ton oldschool chevy or gmc pickup which I will likely get an engine job done at my old vo-tech and a camp paint job. As of now since my pontiac sunbird 91 became a paperweight after the valve seals went, I have been broken down to 2 ten speeds and a 15 speed bike. So my nomatic subcontractor self has been saving up. By the way my former 89 pontaic 6000LE put the sunbird to same I trated it like a pickup until it got totaled in a car crash.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:50 PM

I agree, i dont expect it to peform as well as a Chevy Z71 or Ford 150 in the snow or the really hairy stuff. If conditions are that bad, im getting out the ATV.

slayer
Old 03-28-2005, 09:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Deerslayer_37

I agree, i dont expect it to peform as well as a Chevy Z71
About time you made a correct statement! Just kidding.

Andy_O, didn't you lose your license because of speeding? I have not gone over the speed limit in the past month. If you get a traffic ticket you get kicked out of the Fire Department for 6 months. If you do it again your out. If they can't trust you driving normally, how can they trust you driving to the scene? Join the Fire Department, it will do you some good!
Old 03-28-2005, 10:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I winter in an area that sees bad winters and few snow plows. I'm often pushing snow with my bumper. I'm pretty much sold on Toyota pickups of almost any year. Good mileage, excellent off road and dependable. If you don't have an extra cab though there is a distinct lack of space in the cab.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:36 PM

My former college roomate from Johnston who was more redneck than myself father got loaned during a bad blizzard a duce and 1/2 and a hummer, my roommate got to drive the duce back from williamsprt PA.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:56 PM

yea i live in north dakota and i only have a 90' nissan stanza car. i dont mind it during the summer but during the winter and fall i really wish i had a pickup. i had to get my car pulled out over 20 times this winter but my dad has a 98 jeep grand cherokee and i really like it i dont like the all time 4 wheel drive though but i havent gotten stuck in that it seems really nice for hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.