Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Vegetarian against hunter >

Vegetarian against hunter

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Vegetarian against hunter

Old 03-22-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Vegetarian against hunter

I was at my friends birthday party, and there just so happened to be another hunter there and another person who shoots guys and also a Vegetarian. I started to talk to Domonic (the hunter) and Kevin (the shooter) about hunting and shooting. I was having a great time till the Vegetarian Came up to use and started Blabbing out about how we are people of sins and putting animals through a cruel torture and all this out of the line, and of course i was the one left to say something so im argueing back and forth with this girl and everything just ended up horrible. Have any suggestions as to how i can come about getting peace with this girl?
Old 03-22-2005, 05:03 PM

Default RE: Vegetarian against hunter

I got in an argument like that once. I just kept repeating the facts and telling her that hunting was good. But if the person your fighting with just wont accept that then try to agree on something, maybe like how torturing animals is bad....i dont know. Im sure you can think of something. Good luck
Old 03-22-2005, 05:15 PM
Typical Buck

i would tell her to leave, but that is me, i don't have patients for most vegatarians. i'll tell u a story...

There is a vegatarian on who lives near me and one day she saw my dad and i in our hunting gear and came over to us. and then she told us how hunting is very bad, and to think of all the little innocent animals u r killing.

But this gets better...

then when my dad was hunting she came onto our property (their property backs onto ours), and went over to talk to my dad, and she was wearing a brown coat. and then she said to him,"how do u know i wasn't a deer, u could have shot me."

this is why i have no tolerance for most vegetarians.

but if i did have a tolerance for them, and if were u i would tell her that what she thinks isn't going to change what u do, and explain to her that hunting is good for a lot of reasons...

ex) it keeps the population down so they don't starve themselves.

and its not like your wasting the deer (a lot of people automatically think that u just shoot it and leave it, i don't know why they think that but they do) also sometimes people think badly of hunters because they have had bad experiences when they have met other hunters who give them the wrong idea.

thats all i can say.

Chic
Old 03-22-2005, 05:50 PM

Daddyslilhunter

I don't know the right answer to your question, partly because the response to a person has a lot to do with how intellectually honest they are while debating. I do know that the more emotional a person is about their position the less likelihood any logic will prompt them to alter their view. But that's not to say you can't try.

Interesting story you told. I don't know if you know this but the
process of consuming food is in actuality the transfer of energy. Our bodies need this "energy" to replenish and nourish cells. This energy consumption for humans takes the form of animals and/or plants - all of which are LIVING organisms. It is the same for plants and animals, they must have energy to survive too. Animals consume other animals and/or plants for energy. Plants consume energy - not only from sunlight - but from nutrients in the ground derived from decaying animals. An animal may eat a plant, and then a predator eat the animal - the predator receives the “energy" from both the plant and the animal.

My point is that ALL living things depend on ANOTHER living thing for the transfer of energy and for survival. It is NATURE'S design and the only means that we have for survival on our planet - so there’s really nothing horrific about this process. The next time your talking to an anti you can explain the reality of “energy transfer” and then when you're finished you can ask what they eat to get their energy. Then ask who is doing the slaughtering on their behalf - a farmer, rancher, or themselves.

Ant
Old 03-22-2005, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

punch em in the nose ahha

ik people arent going to agree
Old 03-22-2005, 08:18 PM
Typical Buck

all you have to do is tell her that if you don't shoot the deer somebody could and will hit the deer causing injury or death plus extreme insurance price hikes

and if this girl does hit a deer go to her house and laugh in her face and say i told you so
all that will result from these hippies trying to ban hunting is there will be a tremendous outbreak of deer car wrecks every year
without hunting a deer herd could double in size every year until deer start to suffer from starvation and increased predator attacks which is much more inhumane than shootin a deer
Old 03-22-2005, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

lost cause... give them a peta form and tell them to sign up[X(]
Old 03-23-2005, 04:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

huntingirl89 just about wrapped up my words.. sadly...
Old 03-23-2005, 05:20 AM

Tell them that if the creator above didn't want us to eat animals they wouldn't taste good....... hehe that will shut her up.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:23 AM

go shoot a deer and give them some steaks

Quick Reply: Vegetarian against hunter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.