Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 For you young archers... >

For you young archers...

Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

For you young archers...

Old 03-15-2005, 11:57 PM

Default For you young archers...

Have you set any goals for yourself when it comes to archery and your future? Do you plan on going somewhere with your archery competetively or perhaps you want to be a famous hunter?

Personally my goal is to eventually open my own pro shop/range. I honeslty don't think I could handle being a famous archer whether it be competetively or as a hunter. I think it would eventually go to my head and I would consider myself better than everyone, and that would take the fun out of the sport for me. Though I do enjoy writing, another goal of mine is to work for an archery related magazine at some point in time.

What about you?
Old 03-16-2005, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: For you young archers...

yes i did want to have a pro shop but with bass pro and all the bigger companies i dont know how i would compete but if you have what everyone wants like hoyt mathews or bowtechs that arnt sold in the bigger stores then i think id be good besides the bass pro in my town has no good sales[:@] but i wouldnt mind writing for a magizine or do what charles ashmier does ,but for comp. i do it because theres nothng to do in the summer and i like to see how i compare to the shooters with scopes, huge arrows and 3ft stabiizers lol
Old 03-16-2005, 02:50 PM

I just want to shoot and hunt. I'm not going to have any time if my plans actually happen. I plan on being an Ophthamologist and a volunteer firefighter.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:19 AM
Typical Buck

I'm with zak123, i would just like to shoot and hunt.

Chic
Old 03-17-2005, 07:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Personally my goal is to eventually open my own pro shop/range.
Glad to see you remembered your partner in this little escapade
Old 03-17-2005, 07:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Timbawolf98

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Personally my goal is to eventually open my own pro shop/range.
Glad to see you remembered your partner in this little escapade
OUR own Pro Shop, my bad bud. lmao
Old 03-17-2005, 08:46 PM

I'm hunt turkey and deer with my bow . i just like to mess around nd shoot my bow but i go hunting with it alot
Old 03-19-2005, 07:19 PM

Diffenitly shooting ibo when i turn 18 in three years. Already the best shooter of my age and better then some adults so its not a far shot. Just can't believe no body else dosn't want to shoot ibo or try at a hunting show that just would be so cool.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:50 AM

I would love to write/photograph for any magazine, but what I really want to do is work as a guide out in Montana or Wyoming
Old 03-28-2005, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd love to have a career in Journalism to write for magazines like Tom Nelson etc. but I know it will take a ton of work. I have a part time job at Field and Stream Archery here in Louisville. I plan to have a career in Wildlife Biology or something else that puts me in the outdoors.

Quick Reply: For you young archers...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.