Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 whats ur stupid moment? >

whats ur stupid moment?

Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

whats ur stupid moment?

Old 03-27-2005, 04:44 PM

Default RE: whats ur stupid moment?

hunting deer with my bow and a squirrel was doing every thing it could to piss me off. so after 40 minutes of it i pull back and wham! my left hand sliped off the grip and i broke 3 fingers.

riding my dirtbike down a hill and for some reason slammed my front brakes went flying over the handelbars and then the bike ran me over.

shot a deer back in this really thich brush, and while i was feild dressing it my buddy's started heading over to another stander to help him with his deer he had gotten. so i start draging the deer and i got turned around. about 7 hours later i made it out to the road.

oh yeah i forgot one.. up at deer camp it was about -5 out and dad asked me to get the car warmed up. went and turned the key far enough for air to come out but not starting the truck. 20 minutes later we walked out to a still cold truck. i don't think i'll ever live that one down
Old 03-29-2005, 07:47 PM

well me and my buddies went squirrel hunting, i parked my truck on the side of the road. ended up getting towed away. end of story
Old 03-30-2005, 05:35 PM

my dumbest moment was when i was going down a hill and hit my front brakes on my bike....went over the handle bars....

then another one is when i was out atving i decided to see how good it would spin and ended up pulling a wheelie and the atv came back down on me...
Old 03-31-2005, 02:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well this wasn't really a stupid moment but i was embarassed because of what my dad said lol

I was out doving hunting with him one day and he was probably about 50 yards out or so. It was pretty slow that day and we did manage to get a few so far. We were sitting along a fence line that ran along this cement canal and there wasn't any hunters. My dad and I always had a system to be within yelling range of each other and we were always careful not to shoot each other so that was a start lol, I had to pee so i put my gun down agains the fence post(barb wire) so i could go. As i was going, i looked over my left shoulder and this dove was inbound and right over my dad's head. Just out of reaction, i grapped my shotgun, swung around and got it,. After my dad saw what happen, he said "Hey were you planning on shooting it or ****** it!" lol. Only then did i realize i was 'hanging out'. I turned my head and turn a bright bright red. So you could tell it wasn't really a stupid moment but a rather embarassing one for me lol
Old 04-17-2005, 10:25 AM

putting a staple through my finger
Old 04-17-2005, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

when i was about 6, i decided i wanted to throw one of those things u put a baseball on to hold it then u can hit it off of that into the air and jus catch it, so i did and i ended up catchin it with my face and i had to get stitches under my eye, i thought i was a bad@$$ at the time cuz i had stitches!
Old 04-20-2005, 01:46 PM

thats nothin i went hunting one time and forgot everything but my cloths