Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Moral Question >

Moral Question

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Moral Question

Old 06-24-2005, 02:03 PM

Default RE: Moral Question

they get to much they get all there Med free in Oklahoma
Old 06-24-2005, 02:35 PM

well, up here in canada, things are geting bad in some places. LIke when my bro got his braces for 4 grand and a native girl walked in with perfect teeth and asked to get braces because they looked cool and she got them free from the treaty thing. Also natives get free education including university but alot don't use it.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:04 PM

huntingirl
if there so poor why dont they do something about it? This is America. Indians get enough breaks as it is. In America if you want to you may not be rich but you can have decent money if you work hard. Most of the time if thier poor its thier fault. That goes for anyone. There are plenty of ways to get out of poverty. You can go to college free at least in Oklahoma get a degree and get a decent job.

this all happened a long time ago and you just need to grow up and be grateful for the country you live in. If you werent American now and we hadnt taken over youd be French or spanish or someother country. One way or another you would have lost your land. You know how many people around the world would kill to live in place like America? Many. Besides you believe in evolution. Survival of the fittest. So by your beliefs what happened is in no way wrong its just evolution happening, the strongest surviving.

Old 06-24-2005, 04:10 PM

Thats gonna start a tornado
Old 06-24-2005, 04:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't mind anybody saying what they believe in and such and i am not taking side, however,do not engage a flame war. I don't like locking up topics so please do not let it get to the point where i have to take actions. Thank you
Old 06-24-2005, 06:02 PM

wow, this one excalated fast.

anyway, i didn't quite read everything everyone wrote, so i'm sorry if i'm repeating what someone else said. but again, i do not think they should get special privelages either. because some native americans are the richest in the united states, while some are the poorest.
anyway, i look at it like this..if a country goes to war with another country, and occupies it and takes it over, does that mean that the people originally living there gets benefits? no. it usually turns out that the conquered become outcasts or slaves or something of the sort. i don't know of many other countries that have been taken over and the people taken over get more rights then the people who won. its human nature. actually, its just nature in general. happens with animals too.

but then again, the native americans are causing their own problems as well. they are one of if not the top group for percentage of drunks in america. ( although that is not such an odd thing, because whenever a country or culture is introduced to a new substance it is abused untill it becmes part of the culture. take the middle east for example, very low percentage of drunks because alcohol originated in their culture, so they have learned to deal with it better) But they choose to live the way they do.

another thing with the native americans that i'm kinda mad about is the whole Marquette university name change thing, and how a group of native americans would find it offensive if marquette changed its name back to the warriors. Come on. i on the other hand, would be totally honored if i was known as a warrior. i would be like... that is freaking sweet, im looked upon as a warrior. i dunno, different culture, i don't understand it. so i guess i can't really judge it.

i dunno, but from what i do know, i think everyone has a fair enough chance as it is. nobody is making them live on the reservation, but they choose to. so they are choosing to be at a disadvantage. but of course, some things are more important to life than money (to some people)
Old 06-24-2005, 06:28 PM

and also to hunting girl, no offense or anything, but you gotta grab hold of your emotions. especially if thats not blowing up.

and please stop trying to make us think you have a hard life, because we all do. you choose to be a firefighter and a parametic, and im sure everyone is thankful that you are. but it really ruins the image when you sit there almost complaining about it and telling us we could not do what you do. its actually insulting. you don't know what we have seen either, and what one of us has seen may be worse than anything you have ever seen. my neighbor for example is a heart doctor. (i think i told you this story already). he sees people die every day of his life. he was at his son's basketball game up in lacrosse WI, and a wedding was goign on at the hotel he was staying at. they were walking down the halls, when all of a sudden the dad hears someone yelling about a heart attack. he gets to the scene, and there is a guy on the floor not breathing, so he starts doing cpr and the guy is puking in his mouth while hes doing it. the ambulence gets there and the parametics weren't using those shocking things correctly or something to that sort. maybe it was they weren't doing it quick enough. anyway, so my neighbor had to do it all (unpaid) and even helped him into the ambulence and took charge of everything up untill the ambulence launched off again. when it was all done, not one thank you was said. but do you know what he did? he just walked out, took a shower, and went to bed, and he never talked about it again. his son told me the whole story, and i was appauled. But that is something that i admire, and i have the utmost respect for him. but if he were to come from that complaining and saying, you could never do that in a million years!! you walk in my shoes and see how it is, you wouldn't beable to handle it. i would think he was a total butt. but no, he is a hero, as i'm sure you are too. you chose to be what you are. so don't make us feel bad for not picking the same thing.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:53 PM

ORIGINAL: pdoughertyMU

the parametics weren't using those shocking things correctly or something to that sort.
They are calleddefibrillators.

As for the Native Americans, Ibelieve that the reasonsome of them still live on the reservations is because they are lazy. They don't want to work in order to have a better life.

Old 06-24-2005, 08:49 PM

thanks i didnt know that.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:50 PM

Quick Reply: Moral Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.