Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 confederate flag >

confederate flag

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

confederate flag

Old 01-26-2005, 05:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: confederate flag

Okay i'm not taking sides on this but I do agree with southerhuntress on the matter of heritage (Most of my family are orginally from the south)

As for the whole north-south issue, or at least ones who make it one. This topic has been locked in the past so let's all keep mature and clean all please.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:26 PM

Ok,first of all,dont make a big deal about this.If you scream and kick,your only gonna make yourself look like an extremist.Keep your cool at all times.Ask yourself why you display the flag.If you dont know,you will be destroyed in a debate.to defend the flag,you need to know about it and about the war it was in.When people tell you its a racist symbol,you can tell them that there are over 100,000 documented black men that VOLUNTEERED to fight for the South.There were also Spanish and Jewish soldiers.You can also point out that some of the last CSA soldiers to surrender,were the Cherokee Mounted Rifles led by Stand Watie.It was composed of about 5,500 native americans.You can also tell them that the greatest general of them all,Robert E Lee,never owned a slave and was OPPOSED to slavery as were MANY MANY CSA soldiers!Meanwhile,the yankee general ulysses s grant kept slaves and he was a slobbering drunk.Southerners are not all racists.Were as racist as any other group!Theres racists EVERYWHERE!!North,South,East,West.....racism is very real and it always will be in every nook and crany of the earth.And its funny that people never look at racism in the north,for instance,it was illegal to be in ohio if you were black.The Southern people are not a buch of bigot rednecks as many people think.The most educated people of the time were from the South.And to answer the very typical ignorant comeback,"the klu klux klan uses the confederate flag."You can say that they use the american and christian flags more which they do,Ive reaserched it!They are a disgrace to all these symbols and remember,they didnt make any of them.Just because the media shows criminals killing people with guns,it doesnt mean they dont do it with their hands and knives as much or more.Does that make guns murderous or violent?I could go on and on.If you want to know the truth,do some serious research.A very good book to read is "The Real Lincoln" Look it up.Be ignorant on this subject no more.I challenge ANYBODY to try to prove me wrong.I love a good debate.Also,please dont talk about starting another war between the states.Dont make yourself look like an extremist moron.The USA is a wonderful place and at the moment,Id die for it.Dont stir up conflict,but hold your ground.You may be a southerner or a yankee,but we are all americans.The minute this country takes your guns away and puts you in jail or kills you for being a christian,then load up your rifles for war.Not now PLEASE!!! I know nobody has said anything about succession,Im just warning you that Ill bit your head off if you do.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:57 PM

i myself am not from the south, but i like the rebel flag. i think now it more has a meaning (at least around here) that you dont agree with the status quo and that you are different than the rest of the liberal, PETA infested,abortion infested, anti patriotic, anti God United States and are 100% proud of it that u can stand up for yourself and say that u believe in what u believe.

just my 2 cents as someone else on here says
Old 01-26-2005, 07:18 PM

Personally I dont display the confederate flag......for no apparent reason other than I just choose not too......but a principal abusing her authority by telling a student that she cant display/express herself is wrong......

and 12pointwhen you get that avatar that says moderator you can start policing any forum you like but until then quit being a troll and please grace us with your absence.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

HEHE headhunter :}

I allmost felt bad for my post Now that you have been and gone I set here in a joyous laughter.

TY I hope the she stands her ground :}
Old 01-26-2005, 08:46 PM

ELKINMTCWB, i live in mars pa just outside of pittsburgh

people assume just bc u display the rebel flag u are racist my friends say to me all the time u may be racist but you are an equal opertunity racist i just hate people that dont respect me i show them respect but if they show me none they will get none in return i just cant stand how she is trying to stop me from having it there i cover it up while im there and she is still trying to get me to take it off i was talkin to one of my teachers about it and they told me if she doesnt leave me alone to call the American Civil Libeties Union on her and i will if she doenst stop

I WILL WIN
Old 01-27-2005, 01:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

people assume just bc u display the rebel flag u are racist my friends say to me all the time u may be racist but you are an equal opertunity racist i just hate people that dont respect me i show them respect but if they show me none they will get none in return i just cant stand how she is trying to stop me from having it there i cover it up while im there and she is still trying to get me to take it off i was talkin to one of my teachers about it and they told me if she doesnt leave me alone to call the American Civil Libeties Union on her and i will if she doenst stop

Well said...you have to do what you have to do to stop that kind of harasment

By the way, cute picture of your son ELK
Old 01-27-2005, 05:52 PM

Well, i apologize if you are really flying the flag because of heritage, but anyone around here thinks it is a sign of being a rebel and dont even associate the flag with the confederacy. I wasnt trying to offend anyone, but i think the whole rebel thing is just stupid and people trying to get attention. Most people in high school that use it just think its cool or whatever. If this is not you, im sorry, but if this is why you have the flag on your truck I do think its stupid.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its not that we are mad that the south lost....but the whole "southern thiing" is a way of life.

the flag just represents a way of life.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:25 PM

well good news yesterday she didnt say a word to me about it and when she came to my class to talk to my teacher she wouldn't even look at me it was great and today when i was walkin in she was standing in the parking lot and she said good afternoon and i just looked at her she said how is the covering going i said look i stop down at the bottom of the hill everyday and cover them up bc the rule book they have says i can't display it so it isnt she said ok then i will be checking everyday i just gave her an pissed off look and said you be sure to do that and walked away. so i may not have completely won the war yet but i at least won the battle and if she says anything more to me about it im going to leave the school and call the ACLU on her.

Quick Reply: confederate flag

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.