Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Any trappers out there? >

Any trappers out there?

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Any trappers out there?

Old 01-22-2005, 05:21 PM

Default Any trappers out there?

I was wondering if I was the only one who likes to trap??? I've never had my own long line to run, but I have had a few short ones, and I've run a long one for my brother before.
This year was pretty hectic, so we weren't able to have our sets out long. We only brought home 2 beaver, one coon and one squirrel.
SH[8D]
Old 01-22-2005, 06:51 PM

Default RE: Any trappers out there?

i would like to start trapping, but i dont really have the time. instead we go hunting for em. it is fun
Old 01-22-2005, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

plan on startin as soon as i find somewhere to take a course.
Old 01-23-2005, 03:19 PM

I love to trap and really look forward to each spring thaw when i set out my line. I only run around 12-330 connibears for beavers and otters for a few weeks in april and may but it keeps me pretty busy at that time. I usually haul in 70 or so beaver and 4 or 5 otters. Beavers aren't really worth that much but i need to thin them out off our land a bit because they are a very destructive critter. I am planning on pickin up a few 220's for this year and going to try my luck with the coons in a few months.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:01 AM

I love to trap. I trap muskrats, beavers, coons, rabbits, and mink. I don't have a car so I trap the river bottoms by my house. I started trapping with my dad when I was 4. I remember walking into the kindergarden class with all my hunting clothes on and everybody looked at me funny I couln't figure out why, but now I know.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:40 PM

I'm a trapper!!! I trap coon, muskrats, beaver, and mink. I'm starting to pick up on land trapping coyotes. I got started on trapping with my dad when I was about 3 yrs old. this early fall I completed my trappers' education program
Old 01-25-2005, 08:01 PM

Nice to hear from those who trap, and also from you who are interested in trapping. I hope the sport continues to grow, and more kids get into it...it is alot of fun, despite the early mornings, cold weather, and wet clothes sometimes.lol
Good luck on the line, guys!
SH[8D]
Old 01-27-2005, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just started my own trapline in Idaho. Great fun and give a person something to do in Jan-March.
Old 01-27-2005, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

anybody have any tips for a newbie trapper
Old 01-30-2005, 04:04 PM
Fork Horn

i would like some tips to

Quick Reply: Any trappers out there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.