Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Why do you hunt? >

Why do you hunt?

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Why do you hunt?

Old 01-19-2005, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Why do you hunt?

Why do you hunt?
*For fun?
*For food?
*Be with family?
*Be with friends?
*Others I haven't thought of??
Old 01-19-2005, 02:04 PM

Default RE: Why do you hunt?

Why do I hunt? I hunt because I was brought up in a hunting family. My father does not hunt. I always went with my grandpa. I hunt because it provides food, and recreation. I hunt to be with family and friends also.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:26 PM

i hunt because it is fun and for food my dad dosent hunt but i hunt with my cousin almost every weekend so i geuss thats family.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:09 PM

i Hunt because i was brought up that way. My father started me out before i was 3 yrs old... it has become a way of life...it also provides food and is a great sport and a great way to stay out of troble..plus nothing beats the excitement of sitting in a stand and watching a nice buck headed straight for you
Old 01-19-2005, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

i hunt for the sport, the meat, [what i kill i eat except for yotes n other predators], to spend time with friends, to get away from the house for a couple of hours, to spend some time alone, to be out in the woods n hear the birds/creek/etc. i live for it basically
Old 01-20-2005, 04:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Couldn't have said it better!!
Old 01-20-2005, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im not sure why but i just like spending time with my dad when I go hunting.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:25 AM

shootemup hit it perfect.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:36 PM

I hunt because its fun!I always eat what I kill,It gets me away from all the problems in the world,and I just LIVE FOR IT!
Old 01-20-2005, 10:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with NJ and DearSlayer on the family. Everyone in my family (minus sister) hunts so i grew up with it. My great grandparents did as well. Hunting as always been a way of life for me but it a big part of it. I honestly don't really care if I get anything or not, i just love being out there in nature. The way my dad, as well as my mom taught me to respect everything i hunt and the food they provide for us. As for 'hunting for sport' I sometimes go to canals near here where the farmer are always having problems with rabbits/squirrels destroying their crops so i'll go out with a .22 or my bow to try to get a few. Mainly its cottontails out there so i won't shoot those until the season comes around. There are plently of jackrabbits or 'mutant rats' (squrriels) out there so after i get one. I'll take it to the farmer's house to give to him. I don't know what he does with but i am assuming he just eats it lol. There are times that i have hunted in the past, and gave the meat from the game to food charity/banks as well.

Quick Reply: Why do you hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.