Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Your First Hunt? >

Your First Hunt?

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Your First Hunt?

Old 01-19-2005, 05:44 PM

Default RE: Your First Hunt?

I dont remember the 1st time I went huting it was when I was 4 or 5. But I do remember the 1st time I carried a gun. I killed 2 black squirrels that day.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I did not start to hunt until I was 16 and I hunted with my uncle for a year before going on a stand by my self. My first stand was on a field and my uncle put out little sticks in the ground to give me a range to tell how far I could shoot. I remember that we saw a few does and I did not shoot. I was the best hearing the doga run and seeing the deer. I did not kill anything that day but on that stand this year 17 years later I killed a fairly nice 9 pointer and I did not think of it until now. That is neat!!
Old 01-26-2005, 04:15 PM

i was 12 years old and i was deer hunting public land on youth day as we were about to walk out right before dark i saw a deer walkin right towards me. i waited for a good shot and took it. the deer ran into a tree and only ran about 100 yards before it died. that was my first time ever hunting for seer
Old 01-26-2005, 04:21 PM
Typical Buck

My 1st big hunt was when I was 9 I when to the pond and hunter bull frogs woohoo killed a ton [ton==8/9].On the way back to the house the worden stoped me and proceded to give me the righet act[frogs where not to be shoot with a gun]. Lucky my dad came down to use very very fast to see what was up.long story---------to short I did not get ant tickets and the frogs where very very good.

I hope my son has the same opertunity.
Old 01-29-2005, 04:40 PM

Im from Maine and my first hunt was after a whitetail buck. I had been walking for a good mile or,so when all the sudden I heard crashing down through the woods. My dad gave me a motion to stop so i did. I raised my 44 mag rifle and waited for the 7 point 135 pound buck to show his face. about this time i had major buck fever. He stopped about 20 yards away. I found him in my scope and let him have it. and before i knew it his rack was on my trophy wall. Thats what i have to say about my first hunt.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:33 PM

it was deer and in the Ozarks thaat is all you need to know
Old 06-30-2005, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

last season was the first time i could hunt by myself. we were already there for 3 days. noone in our "group" got anything. it was the day before we were gonna go home and we decided do go hunt behind my g-mas(she has 18 acres). and i was walking to a spot where i was gonna sit and my uncle and bro weregonna walk through some pines and see if they can jump something and maybe it come my way. well they never knew they jumped a doe but they did. and right before it got to me all i heard was a whole bunch of leaves gettin rustled up. and i thought to myself "OH ****" because i thought it might be a bear. i mean this thing was makin a whole bunch of noise running through the woods. and i was kinda like on the other side of a small hill so i couldnt see anything coming. but then all of the sudden this huge doe comes running up about 10 yards away and just stops dead in its tracks(this thing looked like it was ginormous) i have a lever action with a cross bolt safety and i was trying to get that off then i finally did pulled the hammer back and bang. the doe took off running towards this really swampy pond area. then i couldnt see her anymore. i got on the walky talky and said i jus shot a doe and of course it took about 5 minutes for me to say that because of all the adrenalin. but then my uncle and bro helped me find it and it was in about 10 feet into the swampyness. we dragged it out and then brought our truck back into the woods and hauled it out of the woods with the truck.
and that was my first deer hunt.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:25 PM

Well My First Hunt was squirrel hunting with my brother with a 410 in my back yard i think i might have shot 5 times lol at least i had a good time.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:35 PM

ive been out with my dad quit a bit. but the first time i had a gun was 5 years ago. i was 10. i had a single shot 410. we had one squirrle come up but i couldnt even see it. dad got it. But now i can find squirrles that look like a speck and sneak up to them for a shot.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:29 AM

My first hunt was dove hunting, i shot one went to pick it up held it in the air to show my dad and some dumb redneck shot me in the hand!!! my hand is ok he sucks at shooting

Quick Reply: Your First Hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.