Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Your First Hunt? >

Your First Hunt?

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Your First Hunt?

Old 12-29-2004, 12:22 PM

Default Your First Hunt?

Hi, I wanted to know what your first hunt was...where it was stuff like that.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your First Hunt?

Over three years ago.
It was horrible, it was cold too. I was on public land that had as many hunters as trees. It was like the woods turned orange. I didn't get anything, but it beat being in school.....but I think I had off school anyway[8D]
Old 12-29-2004, 12:59 PM

Been going out with my fatgher since i was 3...first time carrying a gun was 7 years ago (10 years old)...started out duck/geese n pheasant..then went to deer within a year...first time was on stateland saw nothing until the following year when i shot a spike...
Old 12-29-2004, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Boy these guys are vague huh amy?=) Well my first hunt was with my uncle in Winchester Kentucky, i can remember there was creek that was so clean you could drink from it. I had spent the night over my uncles house in his condo and slept on the couch, as soon as i went to sleep it was time for me to wake up! I can recall a long drive about two hours long. My uncle had a bucket full of deer hunting things that i had to carry and boy was it heavy!! It was actually his seat as well. We had drove down a long gravel drive to where some other vehicles had been parked like they had spent the night there. My uncle got his 30/30 out of his truck and i grabbed the bucket and we had to climb a long grassy hill all the way to the top of the hill then into the woods. When we arrived in a spot i reckon he hunted before we sat down and there was some snow on the ground i can recall. A nice buck had come straight at us and stuck his head around a tree to look at us...................then BANG. My uncle let one at em. We had found blood in the snow but we was unable to find that buck, i thought it was coolest thing. Been hunting with him ever since. We have shared some great hunts together of all types of game. He is getting older now and cant remember as much.................but i do. I can remember when we couldnt hunt together due to work or whatever, i would hunt the day before and i would leave him a lil note in the deer stand i just new he would be hunting in, saying have a good hunt and good luck, things like that. Sometimes we thought so much alike when it came to hunting we would end up in the same spot or we would find each others gloves or lost arrows, or even a bag of pretzels that fell out of our bag one time.........so he ate them![8D] I hope it never ends.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:33 PM

my first hunt was squirrel hunting on my neighbors farm with a 20ga with extrafull chokes. got 3
Old 12-30-2004, 08:41 PM

ill elaborate on teh first deer i shot...it was a few years ago in Sussex NJ on state land..it was pouring all morning i sat about 250 yards away from my dad and we sat until probably about 9 30...we saw nothing heard a few shots in the distance but nothing close...we took a break for a few hours went to a laundramat and dried all of our clothes had lunch and decided to go back out for the afternoon...it was about 12 by the time we got back out ..we were driving down a dirt road when i spotted 2 deer in a field prob about 35 yards away from the road...my father pulled over next to abnother truck that was parked there...two guys hopped out of the car not knowing the deer were standing there and scared them into a thicket ...they had been sleeping in the car all morning because of the rain and decided to come out just as we had pulled up...so we continued up the road about 400 yards ...we got our gear and my father went on one side of the road and i went on the other...jus as we left the car i heard a shot from those two guys down below us..i figured that they had taken one of the deer we had just seen...in spite of all the rain there was probably about a 1/2 of snow on the ground and when i walked into the woods about 250 yards i noticed fresh deer tracks with the mud just kicked up on top from where they had ran through a creek bed...then i noticed a very small blood trail next to one set...i saw no human tracks along it and i decided to follow...i flollowed for prob 100 yards when i spotted teh deer about 40 yards away..took a shot hit it and it kept running....it ran across the street and into the woods a good ways...i went and got my dad and we tracked it for over a mile and half when he finally said we cant keep going if we do find it it will take us hours to get it out...i talke dhim into me walking about another 200 yards and sure enough i jumped it...took one shoty and dropped it right there then it tried to get back up and i wacked it again...was a looooong drag out to that road but it was my first deer and i will never forget it...
Old 01-03-2005, 03:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think i was about 3 when i first went with my dad on a duck hunting trip. Both him and my mom took me and my sister hunting with them when we are both very young. Come to think of it, i was either 3 or 4 when i first went. I remember getting my first dove when i was about 5 (with help of my dad holding shotgun for me)
Old 01-11-2005, 03:58 PM

hey
My first hunt was a white tail hunt and i got a 6 point with a .243 about 40 yards away.

Hopeless
Old 01-11-2005, 04:06 PM
Fork Horn

my first hunt was a chipmunk hunt out behind my new house. i think i was 8 or 9. a good old red rider bb gun.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:32 PM

my first hunt was with my dad rabbit hunting and i got two and that was the best hunting trip i ve ever had to this day

Quick Reply: Your First Hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.