Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Greenheads, Geese, and good times >

Greenheads, Geese, and good times

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Greenheads, Geese, and good times

Old 03-10-2004, 08:57 AM

Default Greenheads, Geese, and good times

This year i really got serious in waterfowl hunting. I had some of the times of my life sitting over decoys. does anyone have stories to tell.
Old 03-10-2004, 03:39 PM

Default RE: Greenheads, Geese, and good times

can't really explain it but when your out in a blind or boat with friends hunting ducks you forget all your problems you have no worries. there is nothing to do but share stories, bust ducks, and make memories.
Old 03-10-2004, 05:51 PM

I grew up duck hunting, now im in to bowhunting so much that i dont get to go as much. Went 5 times this year, including teal season. Jumped a lot of sloughs other then that, but didnt set out decoys. By the way, 10 of my decoys are gone to the rising river.
Old 03-10-2004, 09:16 PM

heres a tale from one of my many, many, many, duck hunting outings this year: i know this nice secluded pocket of backwater of a medium-sized river in the area. anyway me and my buddy go back there, me packin my mossberg 835 pump shotty size 3 shot, we see a group of about 6 woodies. we sneak down there jumped them and killed 4 (limit 2 aday) so my chocolate lab is out bringin in the birds when we here just hella shots comin from the marsh, a couple hundred yards away. we both look up and just after we got the guns loaded up 6 teal come sweeping through above us. i killed 3 and my buddy got 2. my heart was racing and it was one of the funnest hunts i went on all year.. not to mention my lil pup had some fun bringin in all those birds.
Old 03-11-2004, 08:40 AM

My best duck hunt this year came a couple days after our first big snow storm all the surrounding ponds were frozen but mine was still open. my friend showed up at 5:00 am and i felt like my world was going to end , i had never felt so sh*tt! I ended up going and we all three had our limits in 20 minutes so that shows you , no pain , no gain.