Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 War on terrorism >

War on terrorism

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

War on terrorism

Old 03-07-2004, 09:33 PM

Default War on terrorism

This is a very sensitive subject for some people. I just want to know whos for it and whos against it and what their reasoning is behind it? I am one of the few in my english class who is for it and understands what is going on (There are only 6 guys and like 24 girls who know nothing about it and all they care about is some 300 dollar purse they wish they had-no offence to the girls here you are much better than them). Well just let me know what yall think.

Ben
Old 03-07-2004, 09:45 PM

Default RE: War on terrorism

I'm all for the prevention of terrorism. I look forward to raising my future family in a land free of the threat of invasion of some foreign country. Anything that we can do today to make our tommorows safer is OK in my book.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am a strong supporter for our war against terrorism. I know it'll be hard because its hard to find everyone who is willing to drive a truck full of TNT into buildings or strap on a few pounds of explosives to their bodies and walk into a club but eventually, hopefully, we will.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

i support the war against terror... but i ask.... why must you start a war and create terror in order to end terror? i believe the afghanistan issue was greatly taken care of but sadly ignored after bush had recieved some wrong information as to whether or not there were WMD in iraq... we have rid the world of a dictator... but more will come in his place... we have created a chaos in the world... knocking down one country after another until all of the oil fields in the middle east has G.W's face on the barrel... i know many of you will disagree to me... but you have opened the can of worms so to speak... and i will fight for my right to say what i believe to be correct... for i know VERY well what is going on over there... i have six cousins over there right now... one was shot and discharged and is now home and claims Iraq was better off before the U.S. invaded... yes INVADED... he believes we don't have a right to be there... we shouldn't be sticking our nose in where we don't belong... and they were never a threat to us... they may exploit people but so do we... we hire mexicans and other immigrants who come here trying to make a better life for themselves to work in the fields for next to nothing... they came here with dreams of being american and starting anew... only to end up hating what they are here doing... we use racial slurs and insult their intelligence and treat them like dogs... so i ask you... what is the difference??? we create the poor people of this country only to send them into a life of crime just trying to make a living.. and then punish them for a life that WE exposed them to... why do we accuse the puppets? when it is the people pulling the strings who are the real people to blame
Old 03-08-2004, 02:22 PM

Wow, very impressed!

I support the war on terrorism, I just think that if we are in Iraq for oil, we need to back out. We have Alaska, you know, and contrary to popular belief, the place where they want to drill is MAYBE 5 acres, not that big compared to the whole state. That oil there would drop our gas prices to what they used to be, and we wouldn't have to keep playing OPECs little games.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:51 PM

Personally I think that our war on terror is one of the best things to happen to the world in a long time. I was looking at a news article that said something or other to the extent of with the time that we have been in Iraq and liberated them from saddam, we already have saved more than 1,000 kurdish lives. Also, between the years of 1995-1998 Iraq was shooting at our planes that were flying in international airspace near the border of Iraq. that alone gives us justification of the Iraq segment of the war on terror.

About the "neglect" of Afghanistan, we have set up a stable government there and their economy is starting to bloom. crime is down, production levels are up. Did we really "ignore" them or did we allow them to grow?

I believe that we should continue on our quest, so to speak, for destroying terror out there. There are still many more countries that are suffering from a dictatorship or communist government. THEY NEED TO BE FREE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2004, 09:26 PM

huntingirl.... of course your gonna believe we shouldn't be there? anyone who gets injured because of a war is going to think that it was wrong and we shouldn't be there. we're not going over there because of oil? we're there because of the millions who were dying and already dead due to saddam hussein... not even that but he was known to use biological and chemical weapons... ON HIS OWN PEOPLE? is this a person that we should stand back and let run free? Yah Iraq was better off before the USA CAME.... better of for Saddam Hussien and all the other corrupt murderers that killed there own people and threatened the lives of millions of others around the world.

someone has to be the big guy and step up and i believe the u.s of A can do just that... and you can't blame America for what happens to people when they come here, not everyone is treated that way and to think so is foolish, especally when our government is working to eliminate these problems.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:19 AM

Perhaps it's not my place to comment on this issue, but I've read this topic yesterday and came to talk about it with my grandfather early this morning. For years he has been against any kind of war, after surviving WW2 as a member of the national resistance against the Nazi's. See, I've never seen a war or can even grasp what its like to live through one. Sure, I can imagine it's not a pleasant experience and a situation best avoided. For that reason I turn to my grandfather to ask his opinion, I refuse to simply stick to what's being said about it on the news and by people who are probably politically motivated to say either so or so.
Basically, I asked him why he did fight back against the nazi's. His answer was straight and simple: Because they had no right to be here, nor have the moral standing to
rule over anyone at all, including Germany itself.
He compared this situation to Iraq, where a murderous regime killed its own people, threatened the region, even the rest of the world. A regime with no moral rights to govern whatsoever or whomever. If in the late 1930ties the Nazi's would have been dealt with firmly, countless millions of lives would not have been cut short.
A war to prevent war.
or the murder of the innocent, or repression, or whatever injustice.
Ok, maybe it would have been better for the world if it had been done through the UN, perhaps there were no Chemical weapons, or a Nuclear program...

Who cares?

Saddam and his gang of thugs are history, in jail, and in serious trouble,
Iraq has a more than average chance to become a democracy, and the Iraqi people are free.

Isn't that what counts?

Afghanistan, good show.
Iraq, working on it..
The rest of them isn't sleeping as well anymore lately...

I'd say, lets put them out of their misery once and for all..

I might be hurting the feelings of many other Europeans,
but I guess you guys are serving the entire free world with the war on terror.

God bless the USA and free men everywhere!
Old 03-09-2004, 03:57 PM

yea, I'm for it. you should support the troops, all bill clinton did was fire like 3 missles. What a dumb ignorat loser.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:20 PM

Yea im for it also. But i also agree with huntingirl. we should deal more with domestic issues instead of dealing with foreign affairs. Huntingirl, your cousin is a tru american hero. Hopefully it was an honorly discharge, with a purple heart. He put his life on the line to protect our rights,freedom, and liberties. I pray every night for the soldiers in Iraq defending the American way of life. I have the most respect for all the soldiers serving our country.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.