Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Something you did (good or bad), but will never regret... and then some things you do >

Something you did (good or bad), but will never regret... and then some things you do

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Something you did (good or bad), but will never regret... and then some things you do

Old 02-14-2004, 11:04 PM

Default Something you did (good or bad), but will never regret... and then some things you do

What are some of the things you have did in your life that you don't regret? I don't regret putting on the black helmet for the first time and saying "Firefighting is what I want to do with my life." I don't regret drinking sometimes, because it makes you forget the bad things, even if just for a little bit. I don't regret joining on here, and one of you that comes in this forum a lot knows why. There's more, might tell later...

I do regret some of the things I did when I was young and dumb, like hanging out with the wrong crowd, having a short temper and going off for no reason, and not telling people how I really feel, which I'm proud to say is changing now...

Let's hear yours...
Old 02-15-2004, 10:37 AM

Default RE: Something you did (good or bad), but will never regret... and then some things you do

i dont regret askin my girlfriend out. ive had some good times with her. i dont regret much because i belive thigns happen for a reason. i do regret ever falling for my ex tho caus i found out she has lots of bf's for money if u know what i mean. too bad i didnt realize it soon enough. i dont regret shootin any of the many animals ive shot. i regret not takin as many chances as i should have which i dont want to get into. i dont regret standing up for everythign i am and everything i believe in even thou no1 agreed with me or stood by me.
Old 02-15-2004, 04:48 PM

Default RE: Something you did (good or bad), but will never regret... and then some things you do

One thing that I don't regret is becoming a christian.......been at it for 2 days now! I don't regret getting into hunting or archery............
Old 02-23-2004, 09:29 PM

I belive everyone should live their lifes without any regrets. Too bad thats easier said then done. Everyone has done something which they regret and a lot more things they don't regret. Hunting is defineately one of the things that i dont regret doing. I dont know where i would be without hunting. It is all i think about and defineately what i love doing most. I love defending hunting and stading up for it cause here in the suburbs of Chicago we are over run with "anti-hunters." I dont regret many things, only a couple, like getting caught cheating on a test or having the shortest temper in the world. You should live your life without fear, its the best way to live.
Old 02-24-2004, 01:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wow this is a tough question because there is many things i have done that i am not proud of as well as things i am. Its a long list so i'll try my best.

Bad things not proud of:

Getting involved with drugs when younger (marjinana, crack, acid)
Dropping out of school
Not being there for grandpa's funeral (not enough gas to make it for trip)
Not being able to see my dad in hospital before he died (I had flu)
Losing my virginty in a drunk one-night stand
Drinking at an young age
All the fights and people i have hurt

Good things proud of:
Getting my Diploma (5 years later)
Stopped fighting
Stopped drinking
Coming from two major failed relationships (i'll explain that in second)
Taking better care of myself

The list would be longer on both but too tired to think up all

The failed relationships for example, the one where i was engaged to be married ended when she cheated on me. I dont regrat wasting almost two years of my life with her because it made me stronger for the next relationship. The most recent one, the one the girl lied to me about me being a daddy, only to find out it wasn't mine. It did hurt me but it always made me stronger because it made me realize that a girl like that shouldnt be the mother of my first baby nor was it my time to be one yet.

Trails of life are always hard but you always learn from your experience.. You live, you learn
Old 02-24-2004, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good post Red-Hawk.

Some things I don't regret are signing up for this site, getting into hunting, and buying a bass guitar.
One thing I do regret is failing my drivers test[:@][8D]
Old 02-24-2004, 09:35 PM

Im glad im into hunting, im really glad i took guitar as far as i did, and im glad that ive learned from the past.
I cant regret anything because you obviously do something for a reason which means if you regret it, you're wrong. I always try to think that whatever i do is right(even though sometimes it might not be). Im sure that doesnt make sense at all, but it does to me. If i had to say something though that im not proud of would be that i wish i wouldnt of screwed with my friends car one night when i was drunk, and i shouldnt of fallen so hard or takin it so badly when it went wrong with this one girl. Use to be my best friend, decided that her dating my best guy friend was better.
Anyways, i guess those are mine.
Old 02-25-2004, 02:27 PM

Dont regret taking my 2 deer this year, good eating!