Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 9-11: Where were you? >

9-11: Where were you?

Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

9-11: Where were you?

Old 02-07-2004, 01:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 9-11: Where were you?

I was in second period. Mrs. brock was the teacher. At first, everybody was saying that the pentagon had been accidentally hit by a plane, then the reports of the towers getting hit started coming in. It showed the planes hitting each tower then it showed the pictures of the rubble that was once these magnificent buildings. We did not have to do anything else that day except watch the same clip of video. Dad came and got me from school early. We went home and watched the news. man that was sad. BB
Old 02-07-2004, 04:31 PM

7th Grade, just came back from an assembly. Sat down in class an saw it on the news. Dind'nt get taught that day just watched the news. Everyone was saying they were going for the St. Louis Arch wich is pretty close to me. Dindn't belive them but they were saying that. Went home, watched news.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

we were actually watching the news in english class just before it happened and we watched the second plane hit live and people jumping from the towers and everything... my uncle and cousin were working on a nearby bridge when that happened and they watched it live... the hubcap from one of the airplanes was found about 10 feet away from my uncle... sad day indeed
That is really trippy. My friend's boyfriend at the time was working on a bridge out there; do you remember which one is was? The guy's name was Jerry but don't really recall his last night. I think it was Mcknight. It did start with an ''M' I recall that much
Old 02-10-2004, 08:33 AM

I think I was in 4th grade at the time, and since I'm homeschooled, I was at home. When we heard about it on the news, my mom said that we wouldn't have any school that day, and that me and my brother should sit and listen to the news. I don't think we could have been able to have school, everyone was so distracted.
Old 02-10-2004, 04:16 PM

I was in 8th grade in reading class and a teacher's aide came in and told us. I switched classes and when I told people about it they laughed at me and thought I was joking. I went into a sh and we weren't allowed to watch tv even though we have one in each classroom and they wouldn't tell us what was going on. The plane that crashed in Pennsylvania had flown over Ohio and turned around but we didn't know that it had crashed or turned around adn there is a nuclear power plant about 30 minutes from us and my teacher said for all she knew it could be headed towards that plant and that it would wipe us out. At that time everyone started crying and stuff. Then we got to go home and watch it. Probably the scariest days I've ever had.
Old 02-10-2004, 08:38 PM

On my way to pyschology class my freshman year. Nobody quite knew what was going on. I called my dad just to say hi, and have called him damn near everyday since then. Just goes to show that you never know when you might lose someone, so you better not let anybody leave mad.
Old 02-13-2004, 04:09 PM

Your damn right bigbore1895! Im not sure but I think me and my brother were in an argument the last time we saw each other. I can never forgive myself for not saying sorry. How was I supposed to know anyway.
Old 02-13-2004, 07:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

That is really trippy. My friend's boyfriend at the time was working on a bridge out there; do you remember which one is was? The guy's name was Jerry but don't really recall his last night. I think it was Mcknight. It did start with an ''M' I recall that much
i don't know what bridge it was... i'm not familiar with the city at all... my uncle's name is Lenard Haniet and my cousin is Jason
Old 02-15-2004, 04:37 PM

I was at school at my desk about 6' from the window north of the south Learning center entrance door, and mom came and told me. (she teaches there) During chapel, 2 people from our church that were teaching school in NYC called and told us. That was all we talked about that day in the Library. The guys that answered the phone said it was spooky........they heard tons of sirens going by in the background. I later e-mailed a woman that I had sort of learned to know from DU chat that lived in NYC, and I asked her if she was alright up there in the big city. Little did I know.........She was working in tower #2 when the first plane hit tower #1![][] She beat feet outta there and came out without a scratch, but was pretty shaken up about it. My nieghbor and a few of his friends toured the WTC a week before the planes hit.
Old 02-15-2004, 06:41 PM

9/11 is my b-day but any ways i was in 6th and we have just come back from technology

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.