Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Do yall have this same problem >

Do yall have this same problem

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Do yall have this same problem

Old 11-29-2003, 04:45 PM

Default RE: Do yall have this same problem

we plant lil " snack bars" spots in the middle of the woods, we walk through the woods and find lil clearings bout 50 by 50 and clear the leaves back then drop seed in and let nature do the hard work, these are great in the late fall when everything else starts gettin snow covered
Old 11-29-2003, 05:44 PM

i cant say that i do, i love it outdoors
Old 11-29-2003, 08:06 PM

this year we did and the good stuff is tecomate and whitetail institue
Old 11-30-2003, 09:33 AM

No plots here.
Old 12-12-2003, 05:42 AM

Once my brother came face to face with a coyote circling him 15-20 yards away, but, it left. I don't get scared, but some days i don't go out just to hunt, i fall asleep in the middle of the woods for a few hours and eat the breakfast i packed and made for myself and just sit there a few hours and if i don't see anything, oh well. i ate breakfast in the woods, i slept, i don't expect it. the only thing in Virginia that i would even consider worrying about is snakes, and i'm a snake guy. but when those copperheads come around i like to keep my distance.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:58 AM

with the treestand i got now, you bet. After the foot strap broke im all scared
Old 12-16-2003, 03:06 PM

Well...if you're sitting in your stand before light just tell yourself this..."There's nothing there in the dark that isn't there in daytime."
Old 12-18-2003, 06:30 PM

my treestand is a little scary too but if you wear a saftey strap you have nothing to worry about
Old 01-16-2004, 05:09 PM

i dont ever get scared but the only time i have got worried was when i went in our kawasaki mule with my step bro and we sat there by our hog trap for 3-4 hours with only our pellet guns. and then when it got dark we started hearing big breanches getting broken in the brush and BIG animals running through the brush and then i got down ( we have a seat in the bed of the mule) out of the seat and tried to start it and it wouldnt start and then i started hearing snorting behind us and then i heard howling infront of us and then a whole flock of birds flew away like they were scared and i tarted getting worried that something would come out so the i FINALLY got the mule started and boy i was burnin rubber baby! lol. it was a fun experience though. leter that night we went back with only our pellet guns again and on our way we saw a HUGE feral hog i mean it was probably 300 lbs plus! so i drove as fast as i could to try and run it over but it got in the brush just in the nick of time. then we got to the hog trap again and there was a javelina in it so we killed it with our pellet guns because they are REALLY strong. in other words go get scared or worried because you have apposable thumbs and what ever it is that you are afraid of...... they dont have thumbs like you do. lol.
Old 01-16-2004, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

No, I don't get scared when I'm in the woods. Only once. Last turkey season, but lets not get into that story. We aint supposed to have mountain lions or aything, so there is not a lot to worry about. The only aggressive animal that I have heard of around here was when a guy I know was in his treestand with some doe pee on his boots when a 6 point came and started attacking his tree. Needless to say, that was an unlucky day for that buck.

Quick Reply: Do yall have this same problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.