HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Young Hunters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/young-hunters-13/)
-   -   the worst small game (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/young-hunters/399405-worst-small-game.html)

flags 05-21-2015 09:16 AM

Ptarmigan in the high peaks of CO. I can find them all summer but as soon as the season opens I couldn't buy one! To this day I have never taken one or even seen one when the season is open. Let the season be closed and I'm stumbling over them!

JohnnyHildo 05-21-2015 09:50 AM

i'm past the days of just indiscriminately shooting animals just to shoot them so i can't say i really hate any small game. that being said, i can understand the frustration that comes with a nuisance animal too.

Oldtimr 05-21-2015 11:01 AM

This from the person who thinks it is fun to see a poorly shot animal suffer and "go berserk" in your words. Now this, "so i love to hunt small game (squirrels,racoon ect)squirrels are the devils peti hate them they are so annoying". So, you like to see things suffer, you hunt things you hate and find anoying. You really shouldn't make any more posts because you are not a person for a hunting message board.

flags 05-21-2015 12:15 PM

Can't help but notice the OP has deleted to original post. I'm asking the MODs to delete the entire thread if the OP has abandoned it.

jake_the_kid 06-03-2015 12:53 PM

what is wrong with me saying that hunting is fun?! I mean this is a hunting website.When I said the thing about the hog,I was just saying what i thought was true.It is a little mean I do agree and I am sorry if I made anyone mad and/or sad.

Oldtimr 06-03-2015 12:57 PM

The only thing sad was you calling yourself a hunter. You said you like to see an animal suffer, people like that should not hunt, nor be allowed to hunt. Hunting is fun, sadism(the enjoyment of pain of others and inflicting said pain) has no place in hunting.

MudderChuck 06-03-2015 06:43 PM

I don't know if they are the worst or not, but I've had really poor luck hunting Quail. They are really good at hiding, then breaking cover right under my feet with a rush of whistling wings, that shocks me more often than not, even though I'm expecting it. Kind of like a Quail grenade going off.

Jack Rabbits can be fun, especially in the high desert where clumps of brush grow with open spaces between the clumps. When the Jacks bed down mid morning. you can kick the brush clumps and every so often a Jack comes busting out at full speed. They come out in any random direction, take three bounds and change direction, then do it again and again. You almost have to anticipate which direction they are going next and lead them some. It takes really good reflexes and instinct aiming to get any hits. I've had some fun times Jack hunting. And actually Jacks are pretty good eating, no much meat on them, but what is there is tasty.

RobertSubnet 06-05-2015 09:46 AM

Hunting is fun, sadism(the enjoyment of pain of others and inflicting said pain) has no place in hunting.
Well said.
.................................................. ......

flags 06-09-2015 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by jake_the_kid (Post 4200663)
what is wrong with me saying that hunting is fun?! I mean this is a hunting website.When I said the thing about the hog,I was just saying what i thought was true.It is a little mean I do agree and I am sorry if I made anyone mad and/or sad.

Here's a little question: Why have you deleted all your posts except this one? Is it because nobody else seems to agree with your "questionable" perspective on hunting?

Topgun 3006 06-09-2015 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by flags (Post 4201663)
Here's a little question: Why have you deleted all your posts except this one? Is it because nobody else seems to agree with your "questionable" perspective on hunting?

I don't think he deleted them. I think maybe one of the Mods did it because they violated site rule #4! He can correct me if I'm wrong and/or answer your question if he did it himself. However, he hasn't even logged onto the site since he made that last post.