HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Young Hunters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/young-hunters-13/)
-   -   First deer (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/young-hunters/375527-first-deer.html)

Pikedeer 11-19-2012 04:45 PM

First deer

Pics and stories of first deer

Pikedeer 11-20-2012 02:11 PM

My first deer

When I shot my first deer it was an eight pointer that scored about 120. Hit it in the spine dropped it in it's tracks. I shot it out of a ground blind with my grandpa. Great experience!!!!! Hope to hear other stories of first deer kills.

Bocajnala 12-30-2012 06:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Just noticed this thread, Got a picture of yours pike? I'll post mine.

I was hunting with a Marlin in .44 mag. I heard a shot down the valley in front of me and about a minute later this buck hit the clearing I was watching. I shot twice as the deer ran past me. Then the deer stopped and I put the cross hairs on the base of his head where it meets his neck and pulled the trigger. It immediately piled up. I yelled to my dad "Dad, it's down, it's down" and he came running over to where I was standing. Once we got up to the deer we saw that I had indeed hit it all three times. 2 in the chest and then the one in the upper neck. I'll never forget it that's for sure. We had spotlighted this deer several times throughout the year. Wasn't big, but a trophy for me.
-Jake

13pointjomc 02-19-2013 07:21 PM

Don't have any pics but I was 10 when I killed my first one. First time I had hunted without someone sittin right there with me lol but I was sittin on the ground in a hardwood bottom and I heard leaves rustlin on top of the ridge....it was what I thought was a doe so I waited for it to get a lil closer. It stopped about 35 yrds in front of me eatin acorns. When I finally stopped shakin like a leaf I lined the iron sights up on my 30-30 behind the shoulder....POW! It kicked and ran about 60 yards hit it right thru the heart. Bout that time my uncle walked over from the other holler and said where's it at? I said he ran that way so we walked over and he was piled up. Turns out it was a button head but o well I was just as excited over that deer as I was when I killed my 13 point.

Tundra10 02-19-2013 10:33 PM

Congrats pike!

muzzleloader1 06-17-2013 09:42 AM

Congrats!!!

cgsharkhunter 08-12-2013 07:13 PM

I killed my first buck a few years ago he ran about 40 yards parralel to me and I dropped him at 40 yards with iron sights. Last year I missed a monster boone and crocket 8 point twice in a weekend. But this year I'm getting my revenge. I also dropped a 220lbs doe at 60 yards with iron sights...I've never had a deer run...ever

jta 09-17-2013 06:23 PM

hey i was wonderin how often you check tail cams and do you put cover scent on when you do?

YoungBuck44 09-30-2013 03:20 PM

So, I was having dinner with my grandparents and as I was coming down the stairs to meet them, I saw a few deer in my neighbors lawn. I quickly told my dad and i ran out he door and grabbed my crossbow and pulled it back by myself (which I wasn't usually able to do) and put in the arrow. I walked very slowly and finally got within 30 yards, I rested my crossbow on the fence which was separating me and the deer. I sighted in on the closest deer and shot. I followed the blood about 30 minutes later, and it went over 250 yards, and crossed a major road 2 times. We found her in my other neighbors lawn.

toejoe625 10-04-2013 08:48 PM

my first deer hmm it was bout 4 or 5 years ago my 2nd day hunting we had just got done a drive my dad shot a nice 7 point we sat that night in a ground blind right at dark a 2 small doe came out 5 yds I leaned my gun down and shot it ran bout 30 yds aand fell in the standing beans

flags 11-23-2013 01:26 AM

My first deer was taken some 43 or 44 years ago. I had a photo but over the years and many, many moves later, it is lost somewhere in the void. My first one was a 2x2 mulie taken when I was 6 with a 30-30 in CO. Back then you had to be 14 to hunt big game but my father thought that was a stupid law so he let both me and my brother take game on his license when he thought we were ready. The statute of limitations has run out and Dad has passed on so I think I'm safe. I took my first bull elk, a spike, the year after under the same circumstances.

In the grand scheme of deer hunting, that 2x2 buck wasn't anything special but to a young boy, hunting with his father and grandfather, it was the best deer taken in CO that year. I still have the antlers that I mounted as a lad. They hold a place of honor on my wall. I'll get rid of every trophy taken since before I let that rack get away.

buckman11 02-12-2014 11:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I shot my first deer when I was 11. I had been killin rabbits for years but that was the first year my dad let me hunt deer. it was on a Saturday afternoon and about 30 degrees, we were huntin out of a tree stand and about to freeze. it got to be about 4:30 and we were thinkin about headin out when I felt a leaf fall on my shoulder I turned around to brush it off and seen three does and a nice buck about 300 yards off on the neighbors field. we watched them for a little bit and then we seen three white tails run away so we thought they left. about five minutes later a 10 point buck walked out at 80 yards. my dad was lookin away and didn't see him. I said "dad don't move i'm gonna shoot". I pulled back the hammer on my single shot .223 put the crosshairs on his shoulder and shot. he dropped in his tracks. upon butcherin him we seen that the bullet hit him in the shoulder, broke in half one half stuck in his shoulder and the other half bounced around, broke through a rib, punctured a lung and logged in his spine. turns out it was a very lucky shot. iv'e shot a lot of deer since then but no trophy could ever replace that one.

TexasDeerPopper 10-12-2014 02:02 PM

First post for me! Anyway, it was opening day down here in tx in 2008. I was 11. I was after a big 8 pt, a small 8 pt and a 7 pt. we got in the stand well before daylight and the temp on the mirror in truck said 25. The wind was blowing right through the back window so my dad kept that closed. Right when you could see about 50 yrds, my dad says "git yer gun, that seven points standin right behind us". So as he raises the window, it pops real loud. :bash:Deer was gone. So we got done and I'm mad at my dad for not opening the window when we got there. Wet to camp ate breakfast and lunch, take a nap and my dad wakes me up for the evening hunt. Well I tell him i didnt want to go but he talked me into it. We sat there all after noon not seeing a thing with about 15 minutes left of daylight and I'm telling my dad what a waste of time it was. He smiled and shrugged his shoulders, just as fast as he smiled, it was gone that quick and he says "that little 8 points walkin out, I'll get your gun you come over to my window". So I did, got the gun to my shoulder, looked through the scope, that 90 inch 8 pt looks like a 190 inch 8 point. Well I get ready put the crosshairs on him and let the 30-30 bark. Dropped him. Well I'm jumping up and down and all excited when I see him trying to get up I put two more rounds in him to seal the deal. Needless to say as I said it was a waste of time, ill take the words from brad paisley and say it was time well wasted

TexasDeerPopper 10-12-2014 02:04 PM

This is his mount we had done

TexasDeerPopper 10-12-2014 02:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just a little 8