HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Young Hunters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/young-hunters-13/)
-   -   First deer (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/young-hunters/375527-first-deer.html)

Pikedeer 11-19-2012 04:45 PM

First deer

Pics and stories of first deer

Pikedeer 11-20-2012 02:11 PM

My first deer

When I shot my first deer it was an eight pointer that scored about 120. Hit it in the spine dropped it in it's tracks. I shot it out of a ground blind with my grandpa. Great experience!!!!! Hope to hear other stories of first deer kills.

Bocajnala 12-30-2012 06:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Just noticed this thread, Got a picture of yours pike? I'll post mine.

I was hunting with a Marlin in .44 mag. I heard a shot down the valley in front of me and about a minute later this buck hit the clearing I was watching. I shot twice as the deer ran past me. Then the deer stopped and I put the cross hairs on the base of his head where it meets his neck and pulled the trigger. It immediately piled up. I yelled to my dad "Dad, it's down, it's down" and he came running over to where I was standing. Once we got up to the deer we saw that I had indeed hit it all three times. 2 in the chest and then the one in the upper neck. I'll never forget it that's for sure. We had spotlighted this deer several times throughout the year. Wasn't big, but a trophy for me.
-Jake

13pointjomc 02-19-2013 07:21 PM

Don't have any pics but I was 10 when I killed my first one. First time I had hunted without someone sittin right there with me lol but I was sittin on the ground in a hardwood bottom and I heard leaves rustlin on top of the ridge....it was what I thought was a doe so I waited for it to get a lil closer. It stopped about 35 yrds in front of me eatin acorns. When I finally stopped shakin like a leaf I lined the iron sights up on my 30-30 behind the shoulder....POW! It kicked and ran about 60 yards hit it right thru the heart. Bout that time my uncle walked over from the other holler and said where's it at? I said he ran that way so we walked over and he was piled up. Turns out it was a button head but o well I was just as excited over that deer as I was when I killed my 13 point.

Tundra10 02-19-2013 10:33 PM

Congrats pike!

muzzleloader1 06-17-2013 09:42 AM

Congrats!!!

cgsharkhunter 08-12-2013 07:13 PM

I killed my first buck a few years ago he ran about 40 yards parralel to me and I dropped him at 40 yards with iron sights. Last year I missed a monster boone and crocket 8 point twice in a weekend. But this year I'm getting my revenge. I also dropped a 220lbs doe at 60 yards with iron sights...I've never had a deer run...ever

jta 09-17-2013 06:23 PM

hey i was wonderin how often you check tail cams and do you put cover scent on when you do?

YoungBuck44 09-30-2013 03:20 PM

So, I was having dinner with my grandparents and as I was coming down the stairs to meet them, I saw a few deer in my neighbors lawn. I quickly told my dad and i ran out he door and grabbed my crossbow and pulled it back by myself (which I wasn't usually able to do) and put in the arrow. I walked very slowly and finally got within 30 yards, I rested my crossbow on the fence which was separating me and the deer. I sighted in on the closest deer and shot. I followed the blood about 30 minutes later, and it went over 250 yards, and crossed a major road 2 times. We found her in my other neighbors lawn.

toejoe625 10-04-2013 08:48 PM

my first deer hmm it was bout 4 or 5 years ago my 2nd day hunting we had just got done a drive my dad shot a nice 7 point we sat that night in a ground blind right at dark a 2 small doe came out 5 yds I leaned my gun down and shot it ran bout 30 yds aand fell in the standing beans