Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 good motivation.... >

good motivation....

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

good motivation....

Old 09-13-2003, 09:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default good motivation....

just a tip for you guys in school like me....i use my great love for hunting as a motivation to get good grades in school...my parentes let me go on 2 week trips missing school and never complain...if its hunting season all i have to do is say im staying home from school tomarow i want to go hunt and they say thats fine...the reason...i always make up my work i miss and always bring home pretty nice grades...people call me a nerd and stuff like that but theres been years i missed about 20 days of school and only 1 or 2 were because i was sick....the rest i was hunting or fishing....i know if i bring home bad grades they will say nope..you cant miss school to hunt anymore....but then again im a nut about my hunting and fishing and thats all i want to do...to me its the greatest thing in the world....just a good reason for me to get good grades....and the fact that i want to get out of highschool painlessly as possible and beable to become what i want when i get out....just a tip for you guys...
Old 09-13-2003, 10:45 PM

Default RE: good motivation....

That will only work if you are good in school...If you are having problems in school then that would not work....BUT it is a real good insentive to those who are hunting nuts.... It is good that you have that and that you are doing good in school... 2 thumbs up to you... Keep up the good work...Knowledge is power in the work place .. Don' t kid yourself the more knowledge you have the better you will be..

HAPPY HUNTING...[:-][:-][:-]
Old 09-13-2003, 11:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

theres really no reason anyone cannot be good in school....i mean i am very lucky and alot comes naturally and if i pay some attention in class and take some notes and do the homework my studying for tests is minimal...others have to work harder..some people have to work really hard....some have to get help..all the teachers in my school will break their arm trying to help those who need it....maybe were just lucky to have that...but thats how school should be...my school is set up so if you do the homeowork and class work you will probally pass...and by doing homework and paying attention instead of goofing around( i actually do do alot of goofing around i am a normal kid..) you will get a passing test grade...thats just what i learned in my 12 years of school though....it may be diffrent for others and other schools but a little work most anyone can pull off good grades...i had a heck of a time in spanish for 2 years...i had to study almost every night just to get a good enough grade to pass...i did every homework assignment for that class for 2 years...i did pass both years with a b average both years...it took alot of work though..i really think if you put your mind to it and really try youll do alright....everyone and everywhere is diffrent though..and my school is not easy by any standards...our teachers are there for us and make it an effort to see everyone passes..the only ones who dont are the ones who truely dont try...i really think school is important and you should give your best effort...without atleast a highschool diploma you dont have very many jobs....i want to be happy the rest of my life not working at burger king....thats just me
Old 09-14-2003, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

In my school you can only miss like 10 days a year otherwise the teachers can start taking points off your grade. This rarely happens because most of the teachers don' t care if you take more than that off as long as you regularly don' t do that for no purpose. Usually my mom only allows about 3 or 4 days off for hunting season but sense opening of gun season is on a weekend I don' t get any off for that and I only get 1 day off for opening of bow[:@] My mom doesn' t want me to go over that limit even though the teachers wouldn' t mark me down if I did because they just do that to the slackers and I have a solid A in every class. I think if I got worse grades not only would I not be able to take days of for hunting, but I wouldn' t even be able to hunt. My mom would probably make me get a tutor or something. So hunting really doesn' t motavate me to do well in school I would do well anyways because I want to make a really good living when i' m older.