Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Bittersweet

Old 09-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Spike

Default Bittersweet

Hunting season has started once again for the year, my favorite time of year! But I can't help but to get that bittersweet feeling of knowing that this is officially my last year of hunting at home! I'm not sure if it's just me with these mixed emotions of growing up! So if isn't just me, you're not alone haha. I'm sure not looking forward to moving away from the small town and outdoor atmosphere but at least i'll be going to college for fish and wildlife technology and later into a conservation officer! Anyway, I wish you all a safe and successful hunting season and good luck to all of the seniors this year! Keep hunting in your blood no matter where ya are, whether it's the country or the big ol city
Old 09-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

I felt the same way my senior year of High School. However, I went to a college in another small town in southern Ohio. It opened up a whole new area and style of hunting for me. I was blessed to have two State Game Lands within twenty miles of my school. I made good use. You're going into a rewarding field and I believe it will just give you more opportunity and more love for the outdoors! Don't be afraid to try new areas and places. That being said, enjoy this last year at home. There is nothing like hunting the land you were raised and taught on.
-Jake