HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Young Hunters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/young-hunters-13/)
-   -   Too quiet! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/young-hunters/341022-too-quiet.html)

hunting_chick6 02-26-2011 07:41 PM

Too quiet!

It's been quite quiet in here! What has everyone been up to these days? :)

Bocajnala 02-26-2011 09:47 PM

College and work. I got a little shed hunting in last week, and just got myself a new gun cabinet put together too. It always gets slow here right after deer season, then turkey season picks up a LITTLE bit, not much. SUmmer is slow too cause everyone is out having fun!
-Jake

halfbakedi420 02-27-2011 06:43 AM

I think most the guys left for the year, alot of people just in fer their huntin season they like the most.
They be back next season.
Jake, did ya know they make a plastic coating, to go on the inside of the glass, makes it unbreakable. Usually fer cars, but i did see a guy on tv have it on his massively badass gun cabinet.

trueagkid 02-27-2011 08:35 AM

FFA ag mechanics has taken all my time since deer season. Today was my first day off and I didn't know what to do, so I logged on to check the forum... I don't even remember what I used to do on my days off.

iayotehunter 02-27-2011 03:09 PM

I've been in wrestling but I've been on here occasionally

Bocajnala 02-28-2011 10:25 AM

HB, I didn't know that. Pretty cool. This is a steel cabinet though, so no glass to break. I'm sure it doesn't look as nice as his either though!
-Jake

Big Z 03-01-2011 07:29 PM

Been playin' on the ambulance...and with fire :D

hunting_chick6 03-02-2011 07:53 PM

Good to hear everyone has been busy and hopefully staying out of trouble! lol
I haven't been up to much either, other than going to school and working. I'm dying for all of this snow to melt, look out spring!

Bocajnala 03-02-2011 08:07 PM

Ya, I'm ready for this snow to be gone too! I usually love this winter, but this year seems to be dragging.
-Jake

huntingkidPA 03-03-2011 11:52 AM

fishing, baseball, and school. archery seasons only 8 months away...

dejager 03-04-2011 06:22 AM

havent had any thing to post

Tobe_B 03-04-2011 06:16 PM

Moving, moved from West Texas to Central California...hunting laws suck out here.

Bocajnala 03-04-2011 09:39 PM

Sorry to hear that Tobe, gotta be a tough transition from Texas to Cali.
-Jake

Tobe_B 03-05-2011 05:59 PM

Yeah it is. I like most everything about where I am. I ain't in southern California so I don't have too many wierdos to deal with, but the hunting regulations are terrible. In Texas when I paid for my license I got 5 whitetail tags, a couple mule deer tags, four turkey tags, hip certification, migratory game bird, upland game bird, bowhunting permit, salt and freshwater fishin license all for the grand total of 67 dollars. Out here I have to buy my license, 40 bucks, then every tag after that starts at 30 dollars...and thats a hog tag, which is a nuisance animal. I could shoot all the hogs I wanted in Texas, could even use a knife, which is still the best rush I've ever had, but out here you have to shoot them, no knives, even if you aren't using a catch dog.

Sorry if I am ranting, I'm just irritated at the laws. But at least there is fishing here, I haven't had this much access to fishing since last summer when I was living in the mountains.

hunting_chick6 03-06-2011 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tobe_B (Post 3782577)
Yeah it is. I like most everything about where I am. I ain't in southern California so I don't have too many wierdos to deal with, but the hunting regulations are terrible. In Texas when I paid for my license I got 5 whitetail tags, a couple mule deer tags, four turkey tags, hip certification, migratory game bird, upland game bird, bowhunting permit, salt and freshwater fishin license all for the grand total of 67 dollars. Out here I have to buy my license, 40 bucks, then every tag after that starts at 30 dollars...and thats a hog tag, which is a nuisance animal. I could shoot all the hogs I wanted in Texas, could even use a knife, which is still the best rush I've ever had, but out here you have to shoot them, no knives, even if you aren't using a catch dog.

Sorry if I am ranting, I'm just irritated at the laws. But at least there is fishing here, I haven't had this much access to fishing since last summer when I was living in the mountains.

It's pretty much the same here in Canada, we only get one buck tag here. So as soon as you get one you're pretty much done for the season unless you'd like a doe. It's not always the way we like it but we have to keep the population up and the big bucks growing!

skybuster20ga 03-07-2011 04:11 AM

maine is still the worst ide say. we get one deer period. you could go to the coast and shoot tame deer off peoples lawns w/ your bow but thats dumb. and its about the same 44 bucks for a combo hunt/fish then everything after that is mo' money

Tobe_B 03-07-2011 06:00 PM

Guess I never knew just how good I had it till it was gone. I knew that I had a pretty good gravy train goin in Texas, but jeez. I'm still scoutin around just lookin for a place to run my hog dog. At least I finally have access to fishing out here! Before if I wanted to go fly fishing I had to drive all the way to Colorado to do it. Now there is a few rivers within 20 minutes!! Might actually be able to get better now.

hoghunter59 03-08-2011 07:07 AM

hope you find a place to run hogs,

marlin30/30_drabe 03-08-2011 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Tobe_B (Post 3783508)
Guess I never knew just how good I had it till it was gone. I knew that I had a pretty good gravy train goin in Texas, but jeez. I'm still scoutin around just lookin for a place to run my hog dog. At least I finally have access to fishing out here! Before if I wanted to go fly fishing I had to drive all the way to Colorado to do it. Now there is a few rivers within 20 minutes!! Might actually be able to get better now.

you also got 20lbs+ bass

Tobe_B 03-11-2011 05:57 PM

Marlin I've never caught nothin on anything but my fly rod, and even then it's only been trout. I have the worst luck when it comes to fishing. And the only time I catch anything on the fly rod is when I drove my fourwheeler 10 miles down a mountain trail, parked it then walked 3 miles up a small creek, and started fishing where nobody else even bothered to go fishing. I'm just glad to even get to wet a line. Although I caved and bought a new Browing rod and reel combo that can fit into my saddle bags for when I take my horse into the back country. The fly rod, always spooked him out too much cause I had to tie it down, but the browning actually breaks up into enough pieces to fit into a saddle bag. I can't wait to get out and try it!

hunting_chick6 04-08-2011 10:09 PM

An American once told me while he was down hunting that I should never take this place that he would call 'heaven' for granted because there are plenty of people who would kill to live in a place like this. And I guess that goes for you too, Tobe B. You never know how good you have it till it's gone!

Red Hawk 07-27-2011 09:09 AM

The forums have always had moments (okay, long periods I should say) where nothing seems to happen and this drought of posts will sooner or later pick up again. I've been here for a long time and believe it or not, I have seen it lot worse than this. As for you Tobe - I know the feeling of bad hunting here in California. It has been about going on seven years since I have been done any hunting but that is due to the recession we are facing; Hopefully within next couple of years I can get back into it. Just right now, have to focus on the most do than the wants right now. And whereabout in California are you at? I'm in Central and the hunting here is notoriously bad unless you know the right people or know of places that aren't overrun by everyone and then some.

trueagkid 07-27-2011 02:38 PM

Tobe, you should be happy. There isn't any water left in Texas and it seems like the hogs left with the water. I've heard river hunting is still good, but after both tanks dried up in June and the lake earlier this month, anything with wildlife is good.

Bocajnala 07-28-2011 03:01 PM

The forums will pick back up again here in a few weeks. deer seasons will be starting. Deer contests will be starting. All the fun stuff. Speaking of deer contests, start getting your friends signed up on Huntingnet for our youth competition. I plan on starting the official competition page soon here, probably towards the end of august.
-Jake

shottyhunter24 08-24-2011 06:38 AM

work, college, scouting and partying...legal ones of course.