Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Too quiet!

Old 03-04-2011, 06:22 AM
Fork Horn

havent had any thing to post
Old 03-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Typical Buck

Moving, moved from West Texas to Central California...hunting laws suck out here.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry to hear that Tobe, gotta be a tough transition from Texas to Cali.
-Jake
Old 03-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah it is. I like most everything about where I am. I ain't in southern California so I don't have too many wierdos to deal with, but the hunting regulations are terrible. In Texas when I paid for my license I got 5 whitetail tags, a couple mule deer tags, four turkey tags, hip certification, migratory game bird, upland game bird, bowhunting permit, salt and freshwater fishin license all for the grand total of 67 dollars. Out here I have to buy my license, 40 bucks, then every tag after that starts at 30 dollars...and thats a hog tag, which is a nuisance animal. I could shoot all the hogs I wanted in Texas, could even use a knife, which is still the best rush I've ever had, but out here you have to shoot them, no knives, even if you aren't using a catch dog.

Sorry if I am ranting, I'm just irritated at the laws. But at least there is fishing here, I haven't had this much access to fishing since last summer when I was living in the mountains.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Tobe_B
Yeah it is. I like most everything about where I am. I ain't in southern California so I don't have too many wierdos to deal with, but the hunting regulations are terrible. In Texas when I paid for my license I got 5 whitetail tags, a couple mule deer tags, four turkey tags, hip certification, migratory game bird, upland game bird, bowhunting permit, salt and freshwater fishin license all for the grand total of 67 dollars. Out here I have to buy my license, 40 bucks, then every tag after that starts at 30 dollars...and thats a hog tag, which is a nuisance animal. I could shoot all the hogs I wanted in Texas, could even use a knife, which is still the best rush I've ever had, but out here you have to shoot them, no knives, even if you aren't using a catch dog.

Sorry if I am ranting, I'm just irritated at the laws. But at least there is fishing here, I haven't had this much access to fishing since last summer when I was living in the mountains.
It's pretty much the same here in Canada, we only get one buck tag here. So as soon as you get one you're pretty much done for the season unless you'd like a doe. It's not always the way we like it but we have to keep the population up and the big bucks growing!
Old 03-07-2011, 04:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

maine is still the worst ide say. we get one deer period. you could go to the coast and shoot tame deer off peoples lawns w/ your bow but thats dumb. and its about the same 44 bucks for a combo hunt/fish then everything after that is mo' money
Old 03-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Typical Buck

Guess I never knew just how good I had it till it was gone. I knew that I had a pretty good gravy train goin in Texas, but jeez. I'm still scoutin around just lookin for a place to run my hog dog. At least I finally have access to fishing out here! Before if I wanted to go fly fishing I had to drive all the way to Colorado to do it. Now there is a few rivers within 20 minutes!! Might actually be able to get better now.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

hope you find a place to run hogs,
Old 03-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Tobe_B
Guess I never knew just how good I had it till it was gone. I knew that I had a pretty good gravy train goin in Texas, but jeez. I'm still scoutin around just lookin for a place to run my hog dog. At least I finally have access to fishing out here! Before if I wanted to go fly fishing I had to drive all the way to Colorado to do it. Now there is a few rivers within 20 minutes!! Might actually be able to get better now.
you also got 20lbs+ bass
Old 03-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Typical Buck

Marlin I've never caught nothin on anything but my fly rod, and even then it's only been trout. I have the worst luck when it comes to fishing. And the only time I catch anything on the fly rod is when I drove my fourwheeler 10 miles down a mountain trail, parked it then walked 3 miles up a small creek, and started fishing where nobody else even bothered to go fishing. I'm just glad to even get to wet a line. Although I caved and bought a new Browing rod and reel combo that can fit into my saddle bags for when I take my horse into the back country. The fly rod, always spooked him out too much cause I had to tie it down, but the browning actually breaks up into enough pieces to fit into a saddle bag. I can't wait to get out and try it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.