Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
How did your season go? >

How did your season go?

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

How did your season go?

Old 12-17-2010, 01:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default How did your season go?

Well boys and girls, my season comes down to this weekend of black powder exclusive hunting with the Remington Model 700 ML. Taking a doe opening day was great for me. Other than that I didn't see too many deer. SO my question to you is, how was your season? Was it productive or do you feel discouraged?

Good luck to those of you who still have time to hunt.

BB
Old 12-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Typical Buck

one pheasant, goose and deer. id say it was good. i missed one doe. only saw 3 though, 2 during bow season and 1 during gun season(he was the shot). this season was productive. gonna hunt early snow goose in the spring too. im ready for next, got a nice spot that needs a stand so im gonna get one for there
Old 12-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great so far and I'm not done yet. Shot a doe with my bow November 6th on video, shot an 8 point that was one of our main targets with my muzzleloader on November 19th on video, shot a duck away from a limit on November 25th, and the last time I went duck hunting (whatever last Saturday was) we shot 30 ducks (5 guys) which meant that everyone limitted. Gonna go after a doe with the muzzleloader tomorrow then I'm bowhunting the rest of the season and duck hunting. Probably gonna get a couple goose hunts in too.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:41 PM
Spike

Sadly I took and used all my tags in a day so no more hunting until my parents want to pay for mor tags lol I dropped 2 does 275 Yards a way with my 7mag and that evening I took a 10 point which was abt the nicest trophy ever that I have gotten
Old 12-18-2010, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I started hunting september 18th and have been hunting every weekend since then and some week days. I shot three does this year with the bow and hit a MONSTER 10 pointer but couldn't find it and we ended up seeing him during first season wondering off real slow. Also missed a couple does and another monster 8 pointer.

Heres the eight pointer I missed..

Heres the 10 pointer I hit.

This picture was taken in the middle of july. When I shot him he had some more length to his tines.

Old 12-19-2010, 05:42 PM
Typical Buck

I had a pretty good season I shot a cow elk and a ton of rabbits, porcupines, grouse , squirrels, and me and my friend shot a fox yesterday. I missed a 5x5 mulie during archery season but other than that I had a pretty darn good season. I also had very many successful deer and elk clients.

Last edited by genesis27:3; 12-19-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

Good season here so far. An ohio 4 point, a Pennsylvania doe. Lots of time left for late season bow hunts in both states. Got a few squirrel, a porcupine, and lots of good times with friends in family. So I'd say it was a success.

Genesis any idea what that porcupine weighed? The big one that you're holding up?
-Jake
Old 12-19-2010, 07:11 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Genesis any idea what that porcupine weighed? The big one that you're holding up?
-Jake
Yeah it weighed a little over 20 lbs. I took that bad boy right to the taxidermist. I dont know if I will ever kill one that big again I thought it was a bear cub when I first saw it
Old 12-21-2010, 01:26 PM
Typical Buck

mine has sucked lol. i havent seen many deer at all which is really weird. but in youth gun i missed a deer we have had pics of for 2 years. hes probably in the 155 160 range. 1 rabbit and thats it.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

OHBow, Happens to all of us at some point. I missed a doe on sunday that gave me a nice broadside 120 yard shot. Shot right under her with my shotgun. SHe leaped straight up in the air, ran about 30 yards and stopped and looked at me again. I just let her walk after that tho. I figured she earned a get-away-free pass. The best part is three other hunters were standing there watching me when I missed, so they had lots of laughs. Keep hunting, you'll get some more chances.
-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.