Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
shot my first goose today >

shot my first goose today

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

shot my first goose today

Old 11-25-2010, 08:48 AM
Typical Buck

Default shot my first goose today

i went hunting with a couple of buddies on a golf course for geese. we were hiding under trees and i shot mine through a tree. he didnt die at first and we had to run him down. got em though. unfortunantly i dodnt have any good pics
Old 11-25-2010, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

You gotta love watching those big honkers fold up. We have a few flying around, and I went out yesterday. I think I'll do it again tomorrow.

Old 11-25-2010, 04:37 PM
Typical Buck

love hunting em
Old 11-25-2010, 06:17 PM
Spike

Congratulations, I remember the first time I went out waterfowl hunting. Man, it was so exciting. Nothing like I have ever experienced!

-There's a picture of me attached in my early waterfowl hunting days.
Attached Thumbnails shot my first goose today-hunting-crew-sept.12th-2008.jpg  
Old 11-26-2010, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

More jerky a'comin

Old 11-26-2010, 04:32 PM
Typical Buck

i love goose jerky. my dad made these goose poppers where he would take pieces of meat put cream cheese on it then wrap in bacon put it on the grill oh my god they are good
Old 11-26-2010, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

You're gonna wanna try this jerky recipe: 3tblsp kosher or sea salt OR 2tblsp table salt; 1c brown sugar; 1/2c worcestershire; 2 tblsp each of garlic powder, chili powder, red pepper flakes and morton's tender quick; 3tblsp coarse ground black pepper; 1 cup water.

Soak 10 goose breasts in a gallon of COLD water that has a 1/2-1c brown sugar, 1/4c salt and some garlic and onion powder for an hour before freezing. Rinse and clean the meat again afterwards. Freeze it until it's hard enough to cut into strips easily. Put the strips in a ziploc bag with the jerky marinade; mix it up and let it sit in the fridge for about 12-20 hours, mixing occasionally. Then take 'em out, pat 'em dry and dehydrate.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:52 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by marlin30/30_drabe
i love goose jerky. my dad made these goose poppers where he would take pieces of meat put cream cheese on it then wrap in bacon put it on the grill oh my god they are good

I love that but instead of cream cheese we put jalapenos, marinate them in Terriyaki sauce! They're pretty darn tasty!