Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
What do you do while on stand? >

What do you do while on stand?

Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

What do you do while on stand?

Old 11-22-2010, 03:10 AM
Typical Buck

for all of you who wonder why do you text while hunting. well i was texting right before i saw my buck
Old 11-22-2010, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by marlin30/30_drabe
for all of you who wonder why do you text while hunting. well i was texting right before i saw my buck
are you infering txting attracted a buck? or saying it doesnt scare deer off? cause I never said txting would scare them off said that it was a distraction and takes your eyes off the woods increasing chance of missing a deer or missing the oprotunity to take a good clean kill.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I sit and wait, and text occasionally when it's really slow. And even occasionally, get on here and ArcheryTalk, lol
Old 12-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Spike

Haha i hunt with my uncle who is kind of an old fashion kinda guy and if I pulled out my phone or ipod he would probably take it out of my hands and chuck it outta the stand! But for the people who listin to music, that (for me) would be like impossible because huntin involves a lot of listenin
Old 12-17-2010, 04:09 PM
Spike

I text. Sleep till it gets light enough to see. Recall past hunts.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:36 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by andy da animal
My question becomes who do you txt? not to seem like a jerk, but who is so important that you gota txt during a hunt? My gf knows when its deer season that she wont hardley see me for 3 days, and we live together. she will hear from me if i get a deer or in an extreame emergency other wise phone is off. Family knows the same so as far as im concerned txting isnt neccissary, but if you can do it, can get a deer, then more power too you.
I try to keep myself entertained in anyway, I'm always by myself out there so I will bring my food for the day and a word search or a book. I will admit I DO text but it's always my Dad asking what's going on and what i've seen for the day.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:57 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by marlin30/30_drabe
i got one who lives in a tree near my one of my ground blinds. i want to kill the %$*! so bad. every time im in that blind he tries to climb up my leg of run on sticks on the blind. when i move he barks at me for at least 2min at a time
i shot one with my 7 mag once just for fun it well it was allot of overkill his tail fell off the limb and his head fell off the other side
LOL
Old 01-02-2011, 08:51 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Andrew5
Haha i hunt with my uncle who is kind of an old fashion kinda guy and if I pulled out my phone or ipod he would probably take it out of my hands and chuck it outta the stand! But for the people who listin to music, that (for me) would be like impossible because huntin involves a lot of listenin
The duck/goose blind rule is, "If that phone comes out, it'll meet 3 1/2 inch Black Cloud real fast!"
Old 01-17-2011, 02:13 PM
Typical Buck

text and play games. sometimes read magazines if im in a blind
Old 01-17-2011, 03:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have tried the reading a book thing, or playing a hand held game, but I just cant sit out there, and do anything but hunt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.