Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
What do you do while on stand? >

What do you do while on stand?

Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

What do you do while on stand?

Old 11-15-2010, 04:16 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by andy da animal
My question becomes who do you txt? not to seem like a jerk, but who is so important that you gota txt during a hunt? My gf knows when its deer season that she wont hardley see me for 3 days, and we live together. she will hear from me if i get a deer or in an extreame emergency other wise phone is off. Family knows the same so as far as im concerned txting isnt neccissary, but if you can do it, can get a deer, then more power too you.
my buddies who are also deer hunting
Old 11-15-2010, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

here is where he dropped.
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...0/IMG_1355.jpg

here is kellsi w/ her first deer in my garage
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...0/IMG_1359.jpg

and here is my "gonna be" new hampshire deer......i hope
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...0/IMG_1448.jpg
some snow would be the death of him im almost certain but trackin on bare ground i dont think i cant twist out all his buck tricks.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like ya'll had a good hunt. I Think I'm gonna flame you for such an un-ethical and horrible shot on a deer, you really are a horrible person! Shooting a deer in the belly with a .350, you oughta be ashamed. There's no way that deer would ever bleed out. It obviously ran into a tree and died, cause it certainly couldn't be from that horribly unethical shot you took!
And you mean to tell me that deer was standing, at 110 yards?? WHat if it had moved???? I only shoot deer that are bedded down, sleeping, and at no more than 58 yards. Come on SKy, show some class.

Tell her nice job!
-Jake
Old 11-16-2010, 03:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

lmao i know i quit
Old 11-16-2010, 04:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by monkeyman2269
ya man bring a boom box out play some love songs for the rut dance they love that **** come in every time
Bring out out a case of beer and just park your truck under the stand with the radio, they'll never see ya coming
Old 11-18-2010, 07:02 AM
Typical Buck

I'm lucky enough to live in a place where the deer are plentiful, so if I were to spend time texting or anything like that I would miss way too much. And Sky tell yer girl congrats! My girlfriend shot her first doe on her first trip last weekend with me. Used my brothers .270 and dropped her in her tracks! I'll try and get a picture up here at somepoint.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:52 AM
Typical Buck

Wink

Sit, wait, and shoot!
Old 11-19-2010, 09:56 PM
Spike

I myself sit, look, listen and text the rest of the guys and see how its going. Maybe get my phone out and check weather updates and read some. If Im in my Blind I tend to nap it I get warm enough lol
Old 11-21-2010, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I usually text. Sitting in a stand while seeing no deer is boring.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:57 AM
M92
Spike

Originally Posted by DDMPrecision
My time in the stand is between me and God.
We have our deep talks, listen to the music of the forest, and regain the peace inside myself I lose throughout the week as I tear through work and life in general.
The breeze through the trees is a better symphony than any orchestra on the planet.
The crackle of the leaves, twigs falling, critters moving, it's all part of the experience.
Besides, if you're not completely on your game in the stand, you might miss something, and that something could be the opportunity of a lifetime!
How could you possibly know it's there if your face is plastered to your phone/pda/digital umbilical cord?
DDM
Got to agree with ya man. Best response so far.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.