Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
What do you do while on stand? >

What do you do while on stand?

Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

What do you do while on stand?

Old 11-10-2010, 12:22 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BigBuck95
I am going to find out what a 30-.06 does to a red squirrel at close range. Hit one with a rock last year when I was sitting in a ground blind. FUNNY AS H***.
i got one who lives in a tree near my one of my ground blinds. i want to kill the %$*! so bad. every time im in that blind he tries to climb up my leg of run on sticks on the blind. when i move he barks at me for at least 2min at a time
Old 11-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

In ilinois we get 2 days, and maybe a morning, so I sit in stand from 5 am to 5 pm. so i have to bring a little snack, usually something like a snickers bar thats out of the wrapper and in a ziplock bag. and a few waters. If I begin to get restless I usually stand up, strech by looking behind the tree my stands attached too, and stand for a few min. I also watch the squirells, and look for any other animals, I have learned where I am at all the squirells and other small animals (raccoon, and possum) will take off or go up a tree shortly before a deer comes around the stand. And i spend ALOT of time with my slug guns sights on squirells that make me think there deers footsteps. last day right before i call it quits for the year i think i guna learn what a 12 ga slug does to a deer.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

I watch for deer. Drink my water. Stand up and stretch. I typically don't sit on stand long tho. I do alot of still hunting and walking. I'm not a good sitter.
-Jake
Old 11-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Spike

I like to whittle stuff with my pocket knife when I am not glassing for deer.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

lol my gawd! how can you kill anything listening to music, carving w/ a knife or texting?! you def. would NOT be killing deer in maine doin those things. im with jake, i doint sit much, i kill all my deer on foot tracking or still hunting.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:03 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by skybuster20ga
lol my gawd! how can you kill anything listening to music, carving w/ a knife or texting?! you def. would NOT be killing deer in maine doin those things. im with jake, i doint sit much, i kill all my deer on foot tracking or still hunting.
maine is all big woods so still hunting is the most effective. i can text and still pay attention too
Old 11-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Typical Buck

I dont hunt in a stand, but sometime i text and listen to my ipod
Old 11-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

last weekend was the last weekend I'll be hunten with my bow till december, so I figured out I can hit a squirrel with a old pieca crap broad head at 15 yard's lol.. I know not that far but I was kinda surprised when I hit it lol, I left it there dad walks up before he even looks at me he was like "What the hell you been doin?!"
Old 11-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Fork Horn

Play games on my phone,and text.But I mostly just relax and think about stuff that I need to think out.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by marlin30/30_drabe
maine is all big woods so still hunting is the most effective. i can text and still pay attention too

actually sittin would be more productive but i have no paitance. i go make it happen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.