Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
What do you do while on stand? >

What do you do while on stand?

Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

What do you do while on stand?

Old 11-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default What do you do while on stand?

Just curious what you guys/gals do while sitting in your tree stand... in know it can get kinda boring, so what do you do to keep yourself entertained?
Old 11-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

only thing i do is set in the stand and wait.. every now & than I'll text but not very often mosta the time i got no servous where i hunt
Old 11-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Fork Horn

I text when i get realy bored.
some times i email my dad who is huntin 100 yards away
Old 11-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

I look for deer.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:41 PM
Typical Buck

Mainly I look for deer. LOL I can text too usually as long as it is someone that is in the woods about if they're seeing anything or if something is coming towards me from someone else. I don't get how people can read or listen to books/music. It takes away a sense that is so key to hunting: Sight (and sound if your listening to something).
On this playing field, you gotta be sharp as a buck knife, and if you're listening to music, you're about as sharp as a plastic spoon
Old 11-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Text, music, games, etc
Old 11-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Typical Buck

I usually just try to stay warm, look for deer, and text if i have reception. I never eat or listen to music in the stand. idk why i just dont though lol
Old 11-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

My time in the stand is between me and God.
We have our deep talks, listen to the music of the forest, and regain the peace inside myself I lose throughout the week as I tear through work and life in general.
The breeze through the trees is a better symphony than any orchestra on the planet.
The crackle of the leaves, twigs falling, critters moving, it's all part of the experience.
Besides, if you're not completely on your game in the stand, you might miss something, and that something could be the opportunity of a lifetime!
How could you possibly know it's there if your face is plastered to your phone/pda/digital umbilical cord?
DDM
Old 11-10-2010, 03:16 AM
Typical Buck

i text occasionally or i will make death threats to those annoying red squirrals. i also eat if im on a day hunt.i can usually only sit for about 2 1/2-3 hrs before i have to do something that i move around a bit
Old 11-10-2010, 04:55 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by marlin30/30_drabe
i text occasionally or i will make death threats to those annoying red squirrals.
I am going to find out what a 30-.06 does to a red squirrel at close range. Hit one with a rock last year when I was sitting in a ground blind. FUNNY AS H***.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.