Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
What do you do while on stand? >

What do you do while on stand?

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

What do you do while on stand?

Old 11-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

text and dance
Old 11-15-2010, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by monkeyman2269
text and dance

dance while hunting? seriously? thats defenitly the first time i have ever heard that. how can you EVER kill a deer dancing.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:11 AM
Little Doe Peep

Smile

We don't hunt from a stand. We stalk them, sometimes called "still hunting." I don't know why it's called that because you're not still. I can't believe people are doing all these activities while waiting for a deer. How can you hear a deer approaching with earphones or buds on? How do you put away the phone you've been texting on or your gamer device and pick up your gun/bow, without spooking the deer? They're pretty sensitive to movement.

Interesting questions
Old 11-15-2010, 10:59 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by daddyslittlegirl
We don't hunt from a stand. We stalk them, sometimes called "still hunting." I don't know why it's called that because you're not still. I can't believe people are doing all these activities while waiting for a deer. How can you hear a deer approaching with earphones or buds on? How do you put away the phone you've been texting on or your gamer device and pick up your gun/bow, without spooking the deer? They're pretty sensitive to movement.

Interesting questions
i dont hunt from a stand that much and if i do i dont text. if im on the ground i hold my bow or gun in one hand and text with the other and just set the phone down when i hear or see deer
Old 11-15-2010, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

My question becomes who do you txt? not to seem like a jerk, but who is so important that you gota txt during a hunt? My gf knows when its deer season that she wont hardley see me for 3 days, and we live together. she will hear from me if i get a deer or in an extreame emergency other wise phone is off. Family knows the same so as far as im concerned txting isnt neccissary, but if you can do it, can get a deer, then more power too you.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

haha id rather not say what i do alone in my stand haha just kidding but mostly look for deer and play around on my phone. if you got a iphone or an android its awesome because theres so much to do. it really makes time go by faster.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:38 PM
Fork Horn

ya man bring a boom box out play some love songs for the rut dance they love that **** come in every time
Old 11-15-2010, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Look for deer, wait, watch, listen, text.....
Old 11-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by skybuster20ga
actually sittin would be more productive but i have no paitance. i go make it happen
I wanna go hunting with you up there sky, it sounds BA, I dont got enough land to track em' down here
Old 11-15-2010, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

lol any time! i took my new wife out veterans day and we hunted half the morning and i knew i had deer in front of us and we were sneakin up a mixed hradwood and hemlock ridge and i spotted a buck and a doe bedded about 110yds away. i could see her back and his horns shinign in the sun, i snorted and it stood up. he had his horns stickin out in front of a beech tree and his azz and stomach was show on the other side of the tree so i whispered to her to tuck it as tight to the beech as she could, i knew it was gonna be a paunch shot but w/ my 350 i knew it would open him up enough to bleed if he didnt drop. the bueaties of the big .35's! she did exactly what i said and i saw him buckle and he trotted slow down over out of sight, which isnt far really cuz maine is thick. he went 40 yds and piled up dead as a door nail. i know some of you are gonna have a fit and say thats not ethical, well i dont care. ive shot 45 deer up here in amine and new hampshire and if you waited for a standing still broad side shot at the shoulder you would hardly ever kill anything. ill post a pic later.

btw, its her first year out and it only took aboiut 4 hours lol. i wouldnt have shot him cuz it was too small this early but what the heck, its a mediocre first buck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.