HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Young Hunters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/young-hunters-13/)
-   -   Signs of a die hard hunter (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/young-hunters/331404-signs-die-hard-hunter.html)

hunting_chick6 10-07-2010 03:38 PM

Signs of a die hard hunter

Hey everyone,
I'm doing a speech for school on signs of a die hard hunter. I have got a bunch of ideas but now am now stumped so if anyone has any ideas, please help me out! It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced!

812deerhunter 10-07-2010 05:02 PM

getting in the woods before daylight in below freezing weather and sticking it out all day would definitely get my vote a a die hard hunter

hunting_chick6 10-07-2010 07:30 PM

Thank you! :)

marlin30/30_drabe 10-08-2010 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by 812deerhunter (Post 3697822)
getting in the woods before daylight in below freezing weather and sticking it out all day would definitely get my vote a a die hard hunter

definatly have to use what he said ^

Pope94/IA 10-08-2010 12:07 PM

Umm.... A football player wanting to skip the biggest game of the year just so he can go hunting. :D Im in that situation right now. :)

Going out hunting in pouring down rain... done that
Going out in freezing weather... done that
Walking miles up and down hills just to get to your treestand or blind... done that
Call in sick to school to go hunting... done that, with parents approval. :D
Sitting in a treestand from sun up to sun down... done that several times and it sucks when you dont see anything. :)
Going bow hunting when you have a injured wrist... done that
Passing up nice bucks just so you can get that monster buck of a lifetime.
And trying to hunt every possible day that you can.

Those are some ideas. :D

hunting_chick6 10-10-2010 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Pope94/IA (Post 3698426)
Umm.... A football player wanting to skip the biggest game of the year just so he can go hunting. :D Im in that situation right now. :)

Walking miles up and down hills just to get to your treestand or blind... done that
Sitting in a treestand from sun up to sun down... done that several times and it sucks when you dont see anything. :)

I've skipped multiple days of school just to go duck hunting or sit in my deer blind.. like you, with my parents permission! And sat in my deer blind in -32 degrees Celsius it was chilly but its what we love to do and we all make sacrifices for it because it's what we live for!
But thanks a bunch for the help! :)

H.L.H 10-10-2010 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pope94/IA (Post 3698426)

Can't say much more than what he said!

And spending every dime you have on hunting gear instead of saving it back in the bank or spending it on video games.

DDMPrecision 10-10-2010 05:00 PM

How about calling in sick to work a few days in a row, then begging the doc for a sick note so you don't get fired! (Done that...and don't work there anymore)
Or, dating a girl you'd NEVER date if there wasn't prime hunting grounds to be hunted...for monster bucks...TAKING ONE FOR THE TEAM!
:s8:

hunting_chick6 10-10-2010 06:59 PM

Oh goodness, you guys take it to the extreme haha. Dating a girl you'd neVer date!

DDMPrecision 10-11-2010 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by hunting_chick6 (Post 3699775)
Oh goodness, you guys take it to the extreme haha. Dating a girl you'd neVer date!

While I believe that everyone is deserving of love and affection, I also believe that there are people whom we would never find any sort of attraction to form any semblance of a basis for a relationship.
However, when the hunt is on, anything goes that's legal, moral, and ethical.
The lady in question is a wonderful woman, with many fine qualities.
She's quite intelligent, moderately attractive, but has a few grotesque aspects that I would NEVER want my better half to possess-extremely hairy (EEEWWWWWW) and quite overweight.
In defense, I did turn her on to a friend of mine that likes heavy women, and 3 years later, they're still together.

I'd do whatever it takes to get myself into a position to fill all my tags with the largest deer I can possibly encounter, and I have no shame for the most part.