Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Bodybuilding

Old 08-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Spike

P90X has many different work outs. I suggest you buy it as its worth your money.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Through an athletic standpoint, you must recognize strength and explosivity. Strength is just moving weight at however slow a speed it takes. Explosivity is acceleration, speed, or muscle twitch sensitivity. In most athletic events, it's better to be explosive than strong, though the best will have a good combination of both. The main powerlifts (squat, bench, deadlift---strength) should be supplemented with olympic-style lifts (clean and jerk, jerk press, snatch--explosivity) and obviously auxiliary lifts to have a good balance of both worlds. Just some thoughts......Once again I can't claim bodybuilding experience, as all my lifting applications were practical.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

i work out every day and im not buying p90x. i have a home gym and my uncle owns a gym in the area and my dad was a past bodybuilder, i drink a protien shake after my workout and id say im doing good(:
Old 08-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

big z, couldnt have said it better myself
Old 08-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by StormDogOutdoors
big z, couldnt have said it better myself
Just wait, I'll have you boys employing advanced intra-abdominal pressure before long
Old 08-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Typical Buck

well.. this thread doesnt apply to me like at allll. but i have worked out before, with my dad, he does the 300 workout or something. and i did it with him, almost died, lol. I wanna work out more often, but its not like i need it, im naturally really skinny because i have a really fast matabalosim, (or however you spell it) but i do wanna be in shape..do yall have any exercises that could just work out your stomach? cause id like to look into that..
Old 08-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Typical Buck

sit ups and crunches are good for abs.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:38 PM
Typical Buck

i do those... sometimes lol
Old 08-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Typical Buck

i should probably start working out, i have got a gut now and have gained about 40lbs in the last 6-8 months, its probably because i like to eat too much junk, im not the weight room type but more of biking on the county atv/snomobile trail
Old 08-06-2010, 11:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bayou,

The stomach muscles are core, and most everything else can benefit from a solid core. Forget fancy (my opinion). Basic core muscle exercises done in a few burnout sets 3-4x weekly is my approach.

In the bench press and especially squat, I use the aforementioned intra abdominal pressure to aid lifting. With a standard RAW (unequipped) 4" belt, I count on core muscles to press against the belt in a manner that increases stability-- particularly in the back, though the body as a whole is inclusive in benefiting. Even without using IAP on a belt, it still helps to have a good core. Just a practical understanding of the use of abdominal muscles to aid elsewhere in physical activity....(the core is your base for many things).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.