Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Bodybuilding

Old 08-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bodybuilding

ive started to work out and lift alot lately, and i started on the 300 workout, (what the actors in the movie 300 had to do to get in shape) and some more of my own other times of the day. does anyone else lift/workout? any tips or pics this would be the place to put them.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:06 PM
Spike

I did the P90X workout last year, but you must be in fairly good shape to keep up with those guys. I would have to shower after every workout. I also workout at the gym 4 or 5 times a week. Continue to mix up your workouts so your muscle memory doesn't stay the same.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:59 AM
Fork Horn

i play football and do cross country and so im in fair shape im just trying to get cut up better. the 300 workout goes 25 pull ups 50 dead lifts 50 push ups 50 box jumps 50 floor wipers 50 clean & presses and 25 more pull ups.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wasn't a bodybuilder....just a lifter. But strength must come with a certain amount of muscle.

I did the BFS (bigger faster stronger) program. It's based on core lifts and auxiliary lifts working together causing muscle breakdown. Lifting is done 3x a week. Each week the number of reps you do changes in a cycle of 4 weeks. Allowing a day of rest is important to rebuild muscle, though feel free to go for a run on the off days. At 16, I had a bench press maximum of 330lbs. Just sayin (it worked for me).

The BFS program is a little confusing at first......lemme know if you want more details.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you wanted to be an actually body builder.. then your gonna need a little more than just a workout.

Alot of highschool kids aren't dedicated to their lifting programs all 4 years of highschool so they try speeding up their bulk with protein drinks, muscle drinks, or whatever you wanna call them.
But for me I have lifting monday, tuesday, thursday, friday. tuesdays and fridays are running and leg worksouts then monday and thursdays are strength workouts.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:30 AM
Typical Buck

just that will not get you bigger, comming from a hs football player. heres what we do 2 days a week

Bench-5x5
squat-5x5
-then we mix it up, we will do two of the following, bent over rows-over head press-cleans-sumo DL-reg DL

then the other 2 days we do a circut for 30 minutes which is h*ll lol
4 step over hurdles (hip flexers)
1 350lb tire flip
30 yard block walk and shrug-cinder blocks
40 yard sled push-a little metal sled with a rod to put weight on and we use 45's
5 cleans
6 dips
5 over head squat
5(each leg) split squat-you take a rubber weight and put your back foot on it and do a lunge basically

but as z said you need to run as well, lifting isnt jsut the whole thing

Last edited by OhioBowhunter; 08-03-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Spike

Do something different every day to have your body guessing. I lift weights and do P90X. P90X is an extreme workout.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by StormDogOutdoors
just that will not get you bigger, comming from a hs football player. heres what we do 2 days a week
Yes I know. I forgot to mention that... If you did try protein drinks...You do have to do workouts along with it. Its just a substance to help build muscle faster. Or you can just drink a ton and ton of milk.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Typical Buck

oh i wasnt directing that toward you, i met that just one workout with no change lol
Old 08-03-2010, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ohhh lol. Yeah your gonna need more than one workout to get fit!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.